Resolume not detecting MIDI notes from Behringer X-Touch

Bro, does your rig even lift?
maxrkoehler
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Resolume not detecting MIDI notes from Behringer X-Touch

Post by maxrkoehler »

Looking for any knowledge on how to use the Behringer X-Touch with Resolume.

Resolume detects the X-Touchy in the MIDI Device Preferences. However, it's not detecting any midi notes when pressing buttons and moving faders. Therefore, I'm unable to map layers, effects, etc.

Any feedback is appreciated.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Resolume not detecting MIDI notes from Behringer X-Touch

Post by drazkers »

What happens when you use another program like Bomes, traktor or touch designer?

maxrkoehler

Post by maxrkoehler »

drazkers wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 04:08 What happens when you use another program like Bomes, traktor or touch designer?
Bomes wasn't detecting any incoming MIDI notes either. I'm able to get Bomes and Resolume to see them with an APC 40 without any problem.

I have a feeling its faulty hardware right out of the box. I've returned the X-Touch and will have a replacement by Monday. I'll comment back here with the results.

maxrkoehler

Post by maxrkoehler »

maxrkoehler wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 23:44 Looking for any knowledge on how to use the Behringer X-Touch with Resolume.

Resolume detects the X-Touchy in the MIDI Device Preferences. However, it's not detecting any midi notes when pressing buttons and moving faders. Therefore, I'm unable to map layers, effects, etc.

Any feedback is appreciated.
***SOLUTION***

Hold down the "select" button on channel 1 when powering on the X-Touch. Once powered. you can switch between MIDI and USB on channel 2 using the channel 2 knob. By default the X-Touch is set to MIDI so it won't send information to your computer.