Looking for 5-6 outputs nothing fancy or even close to 4k

Bro, does your rig even lift?
vonshavingcream
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Looking for 5-6 outputs nothing fancy or even close to 4k

Post by vonshavingcream »

My graphics are low fi and retro so lower quality actually makes it look more fitting.

To give you an idea right now I am running everything off a surface laptop with a dell 3100 USB docking station.

I get 4 external plus the surface display.

It works but there are wires everywhere.

I'd like to move to a less cumbersome solution for travel and setup. So I was hoping to add a rack mount PC to my road case.

Can anyone suggest a 5 or 6 port graphics card that could get me going in the right direction?

My main large display is a 1080 50'
And the others are 720.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Looking for 5-6 outputs nothing fancy or even close to 4k

Post by He2neg »

You also can think about the Solution to run high res outputs and split them with aditional Hardware into seperate screens...

Datapath Fx4 / Tripple Head to go / Club 3D are the most common tools for that.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

crv74
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Looking for 5-6 outputs nothing fancy or even close to 4k

Post by crv74 »

You can put a Quadro P4000, a sync2 and a Blackmagic Quad2 (with 8 SDI bidireccional in/out) and sync everything together with a simple SDI black burst.

Then you can have 1x 4K for control, 3x 4K to split (with Datapath for example) or whatever, 8x SDI full HD for entertainment ;)

Seems that Quadro for processing and Quad2 for outputs works nice, and if you don't need the sync, you can save some money too...