Transparent LED Walls

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Digitrevx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Transparent LED Walls

Post by Digitrevx »

Hey, Resolume user here. Um It's a long shot but I don't know of a bigger collection of video wall techy ppl then these forums.

I'm trying to figure out if a project is possible using a transparent LED wall. The problem is the object on screen is a person that can't be scaled larger then actual size. Since transparent walls have spacing to achieve the effect the resolution is quite low at about 5 meters.

So my question is has anyone heard or seen a transparent LED wall product that is lower then 6.2-5.2mm PP vertical?

The only other important factor is the wall has to span like 10 meters wide by about 2 meters high. So any OLED tech seems impossible.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Transparent LED Walls

Post by Arvol »

The lowest pixel pitch of a blow through LED wall I've seen is at 5mm. There is a small "Knife" like slit (horizontally) going between the pixel rows. It sounds like a Rose brand Holo-Skrim and a projector might fit your needs on this setup?

Digitrevx

Post by Digitrevx »

Ah yeah dilad screens and such were something that was looked into early on in my searches. Problem is day time situations it basically isn't a option from what I recall. The other issue with projectors handling setup for what I need. Things like working with other artist that need the stage before you and your set.

So I'm trying to find a solution where it can be rolled into place or something and handle day light situations. So I was looking into LED since it seems like maybe a better fit for these requirements. I haven't seen a brand with 5mm yet. If you know of one I'll check it out!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

I would think having a projector would be 1000% easier than LED wall if working around opening bands is an issue. Especially if deck space is an issue ;)

Gloshine makes some.

https://www.gloshine.com/products/102.html

https://www.gloshine.com/products/87.html

Digitrevx

Post by Digitrevx »

Thx, also sorry for a long reply just juggling a lot. The first link seems barely transparent haha. The 2nd option is a Pp vertical of over 7mm which is worse then what I've found.

The issue I see with projectors is out side day time events are not possible at all.

I also don't see how a projector would make it any easier to work around other sets.
If an set before our show needs an existing led wall on stage for their set I can't have a screen set up in front of that for our show.

You might be wondering well why not use their led wall then that is already set up. Problem is our show uses a character on screen. So I need a display that is visible where other artist would normally be.

I also don't want to be moving elements around that are sensitive to position like projector to screen relationships.