Asus Zephyrus s gx701 - GPU not detected 1 hour before show

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Intange
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Asus Zephyrus s gx701 - GPU not detected 1 hour before show

Post by Intange »

Im just posting an incident that happened to me a couple of days ago.
Here is the setup:
Asus Zephyrus s gx701 32 GB, RTX 2070 GPU

About an hour before doors, i noticed my Asus laptop was dropping frames. I decided to reboot to have a fresh start before the show (Corporate gig). Once it was rebooted I had no output either from the HDMI or Displayport. The NVIDIA control center was not active. I tried re-installing the Nvidia driver and it told me my system did not have a GPU installed. Doors opened and ran the show from a Lenovo backup I had going. I started googling what was going on and saw that other people had run into the same "missing GPU" that I had going. It turns out that the Asus Live auto Update had run that day and corrupted the registry key for "Intel(R) PCIe controller(x16) - 1901". This was confirmed in Device Manager. Some people online had just returned the computer others had reset windows wiping out all of their programs to fix the registry. I did the latter, half an hour later my GPU was back and Resolume re-installed.

What have I learned:
Turn off Auto update on Asus laptops, It can mess you up.
Maybe even stay away from Asus...
Always run a backup.
Im going to pickup a new Macbook Pro with the 8 Gb AMD Radeon Pro 5500M. If anyone has any experience with this Id love to hear from you.

I actually have proper main/backup 4 U graphic servers, client did not have budget on this one for them and onsite decided to run resolume anyways on my laptops instead of Playback Pro and almost had a major issue

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Asus Zephyrus s gx701 - GPU not detected 1 hour before show

Post by Zoltán »

Wow, that sucks! :o
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu