Recommended laptop for Resolume

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Daisuk
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Recommended laptop for Resolume

Post by Daisuk »

I'm looking to get a laptop to use with Resolume. The idea is to combine audio Clips with video Clips in Resolume, output a single video projection and simultaneous audio from the same laptop (I want to play back both video and audio from the same laptop, if that's possible). So what specs should I be looking for? How much RAM, what kind of GPU should it have, SSD I Guess .. anything else to look out for? :)

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Recommended laptop for Resolume

Post by Arvol »

I'd go for an i7 with a RTX2070-2080build. 16+GB of ram and a NVME drive. You can grab one of these builds for about $1k these days. Razer/Sager/Eurocom are my vendors of choice but ASUS/MSI also make quality builds but require more "tuning" to get working out of the box.

Daisuk

Post by Daisuk »

Arvol wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 16:39 I'd go for an i7 with a RTX2070-2080build. 16+GB of ram and a NVME drive. You can grab one of these builds for about $1k these days. Razer/Sager/Eurocom are my vendors of choice but ASUS/MSI also make quality builds but require more "tuning" to get working out of the box.
Nice! Thanks for that. It's a bit beyond my budget at the moment, but at least I'll know what to aim for. Thanks! :)

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

You can obviously use whatever you budget pits. But If I was looking at an investment for this line of work. This would be the optimal starting point for me. Everyone is different so I'm sure there are other suggestions out there. Take a look at this benchmark sheet to give you an idea of what performance to expect with different hardware configurations:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... fnqiM/edit

Main thing to focus on (in order) is:
GPU
Nvme
Memory
CPU

Hope that helps.

Daisuk

Post by Daisuk »

Arvol wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 18:47 You can obviously use whatever you budget pits. But If I was looking at an investment for this line of work. This would be the optimal starting point for me. Everyone is different so I'm sure there are other suggestions out there. Take a look at this benchmark sheet to give you an idea of what performance to expect with different hardware configurations:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... fnqiM/edit

Main thing to focus on (in order) is:
GPU
Nvme
Memory
CPU

Hope that helps.
Brilliant. That's exactly what I needed. Thank you ever so much! :)