Resolume media server with 9hd outputs

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Arun mahendran
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Resolume media server with 9hd outputs

Post by Arun mahendran »

Hi to all the tech gurus here
I have a project where I need to edge blend 9 projectors with resolume arena 7 .
Can someone guide me through the best hardware specs for this .
Adding any mst hub like matrox or datapath is not a option .
Something which has be built and tested would be great .

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: Resolume media server with 9hd outputs

Post by Arvol »

I would go a 1080p per projector route using a single GPU with 2 Datapath FX4-SDI (If you projectors have built in 3G-SDI inputs, otherwise a regular FX4 will work).
If it's a Nvidia GPU (Which I recommend) the 1st output will be your UI, the second and third outputs will go to the FX4 (4k in and (4) 1080p out per fx4 (that's 8 in total), and then the 4th output of the GPU will go direct to the projector.

I would run 3G-SDI cables to 8 of the projectors and a Fiber HDMI cable from the 4th output to the last projector and use a Quadro GPU so all of your outputs are in sync. Be sure to connect the two FX4's together via sync port as well.
The projectors will need to be 1080p, this will get you 9 sync'd outputs from a single GPU.
You might get a single frame of latency from that 4th GPU output since that output is not being sent to a FX4 so you can adjust that delay in the advanced output section of Arena to compensate if that issue occurs.

Quadro RTX 5000 card: $2,500
(2) FX4-SDI's ($2,800 each): $5,600
SDI Cables: roughly $800
Fiber HDMI Cable: roughly $70
Total cost (not including Tax, Shipping, PC, Projectors, Surfaces, and Software): $9,000

If you don't care about sync'd outputs and love screen tearing then there are other options, but this option would be a great way to get everything in sync with each other and look professional (IMO)

An untested solution would be an AJA Corvid-88 card using a blackburst sync card as well to keep everything together, I'm not sure if this card is supported with Resolume though and I'm just going off a friends recommendation on this card vs the BMD SDI cards.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

;)
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

cosmowe wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 17:53
;)
Datapath isn't a typical MST hub, it has internal processing and sync boards unlike the cheap usb MST hubs that have given MST hubs a bad rep ;)

If he doesn't want to go that route, he can get 3 RTX 5000 cards and a nvidia sync card. That's about $9,000 in cards, but then you also need a CPU and MOBO that supports over 50 PCIE lanes, so you're looking at Xeon or threadripper builds, so add another $3k+ to the build, then, you need to send Display port to projectors, so that'll be DP to Fiber cables x9, so add another thousand or so to the build.
So if he has $15-20k to drop on this, you can try this method, I would advise water cooling and a large case with fans.
Or maybe give the FX4 a shot first before doubling your build cost. Just my 2 cents :)

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

we may should ask him ... why this is not an option ?! :D
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

xiaoguigelove
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by xiaoguigelove »

JSTRON LVP-9000