Different Images on 3 Sets of Video Wall

Bro, does your rig even lift?
IzzyR
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Different Images on 3 Sets of Video Wall

Post by IzzyR »

Hello - I want to put a separate image on three sets of video walls - of different shapes. I'm using the NovaStar video processor with 4 ports, high end Windows laptop, and ATEM Extreme mini iso. Also, I'm using Resolume Arena software. I like to have a different image (from the ATEM) on each set of led video walls at the same time. Will I be able to place whats on video input 1 on wall 1, video input 2 on wall 2, and video input 3 on wall 3 at the same time? Could I do this with the equipment and software that I currently have? If not, please let me know what I need to make this happen.

Thanks in advance. (:
Izzy

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Different Images on 3 Sets of Video Wall

Post by pfelberg »

Izzy,

What is the resolution and layouts of the three videowall parts?
I am used to work with videowalls a lot. Depending on resolutions and how important image quality is to you, it is even possible to achieve that with a single output. I do that all the time with video mapping. Of course there might be some loss in quality, per part.

IzzyR
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Different Images on 3 Sets of Video Wall

Post by IzzyR »

Thanks for helping me.

I have one set at 3 by 4, another at 4 by 3, and the last one at 4 by 1. My total resolution coming from my laptop is 1920x1080. Each video panel is 96px and it’s dimensions are 22mm by 22mm (a square). My current wall set is 3:4 (left wall), 4:1 (middle wall), and 4:3 (the right wall). Each are currently connected to its own port (1, 2, 3 respectively) in the video processor. Again, I’m also using ATEM Extreme Mini ISO (but I also have a Roland mixer as a backup - not being used but could if needed.) . My main laptop has the Resolume Arena.

If I can control what images are going to the 3 sets of video walls with different images at the same time, and sometimes, putting the same image across all the three sets of wall. Being able to do all of that would be my ultimate goal.

Thanks again for helping me. I’m glad that you know exactly what I want to do and can help me.

Izzy