what is the best laptop price/performance

Bro, does your rig even lift?
joesilver
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

what is the best laptop price/performance

Post by joesilver »

Hello

I need your help.
What do you think would be the best new laptop for resolume arena. Maximum 3 outputs, one of which is the laptop screen, the outputs should not be higher than fullHD.

I forgot an Alienware M17 R4 with Intel Core i7-10870H processor, 17.3 ", Full HD, 144Hz, 32GB, 512GB SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX3070 8GB

What do you think about this or what do you recommend instead? Not necessarily the latest generation but also 4K videos without jerking the moment

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Re: what is the best laptop price/performance

Post by Arvol »

Anything with a 30 series (or even a 20 series) GPU, a NVME, 16+ GB of Ram (32 or 64 is really nice) and a quad core CPU (or better) will be more than capable for what you're after. Alienware is made by Dell therefore you get that nice Dell price tag added. Sager/MSI/ASUS will have a better price tag. All but Sager on this list will include bloatware, so you'll be better off just formatting the laptop with a fresh install of Windows (maybe 15 min), or spend an hour or two uninstalling everything you don't need.

joesilver
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by joesilver »

Thanks for the reply in the future if I want to switch to 4K, 2 or more.

Won't there be a problem with laptops with an intel video card that is built into the processor?

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Yeah. Rule of thumb for Resolume, Get something with a Nvidia Geforce GPU with 6GB of GPU memory (or more) if you want to use Resolume with 4k and multiple outputs. Quadros work as well, but unless you know WHY you need one, don't look for those cards :)