Input Avenue to Switcher

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Tobster
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Input Avenue to Switcher

Post by Tobster »

I am considering the purchase of an Edirol V8 switcher to coordinate a couple of modified analog boxes, a glitch box, VHS deck, analog camera all projected with an older 800 x 600 projector. I purchased Avenue during the Black Friday sale and had only demoed it for a couple of weeks prior to buying. I love the software. My question concerns inputting my computer (late 2012 MacBook Pro) with Resolume Avenue to the switcher. Employing Avenue as another input to the switcher.

I do have a Thunderbolt to VGA convertor which works great feeding the projector. I am wide open to any suggestions concerning workflow or additional hardware. Any suggestion or sharing a similar experience is appreciated. I did a search and was unable to find much that is current which addresses my need. Thanks in advance. Gary

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Input Avenue to Switcher

Post by He2neg »

What is the problem that you run into?

Just plug your macbook into the Switcher and connect the switcher to the projector?

You will need to adjust the resolution but more is not to be done in my opinion....
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Tobster
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Tobster »

Hi He2neg, my concern is the link from MacBook to switcher. (I have not yet purchased the Edirol V-8) Would I simply use the Thunderbolt to VGA adapter and connect computer to switcher via VGA? Thanks

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

The Edirol v8 is a quit old and classic vj switcher (not as classic as the v4 but still) ....the V4-EX is the newer version and support hdmi in/outputs....

It only offers vga, so you will need to convert it and send it analog via vga. I still dont see any problems here ? :ugeek:

you allready have the tb to vga setup working and it wont be any different when you plug the vga to the v8 instead of the projektor.
But to be hones, you may have some ms delay when adding the roland to your signal chain ,)
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~