Minimal notebook requiremts for resolume 2.3 ?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Anonymous

Minimal notebook requiremts for resolume 2.3 ?

Post by Anonymous »

hi, i´m looking a notebook just for resolume
i dont have too much money, so i´m looking for minimal requiments...

i was intrested in a Hp notebook with widescreen
Pavilion dv4030us Notebook (1.6GHz Pentium M 730, 512MB DDR, 100GB, DVD +-
but the video card is an intel,,, i need to know if some one of you have a hp notebook

sony vaio are too much expensive

i have 1500uss :S

continuity-B
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by continuity-B »

Try Acer, I'm very happy with mine.

benaline
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by benaline »

$1500 should do you proud, I'd have thought...I have HP zv5300ea, (athlon 64 3400) about a year old now...bit on the large/heavy side but fantastic thing. Some of the newer ones in that range have nicer graphics and more sizable hard drives (pciexpress). Firewire chipset very good, which was important for me. widescreen nice but bumps the price.Not so sure of the model you have earmarked though, and I wouldn't be too keen on an intel graphic chip......

Acer always good too...........and very good value.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Originally posted by continuity-B
Try Acer, I'm very happy with mine.
Hi continuity,

You've got apire 5024, haven't you?

I also got one (they are cheeeeap now), but its performance seems to be not as good as yours. I get droping frames every second or two and when I try to play clips backwards (especially MJPEG), it's getting disasterous. Clips are lo-res - 400x300 and 320x240 encoded with Indeo 5.1 or MJPEG, below 1000kB/s. Also 1.2 Gig of RAM, 80GB internal hardrive (was trying with USB drive too). Machine running without virtual memory, on clean XP SP1.

I have quite a lot of slow footage and this ruins a lot of effect..

Do you get constantly smooth playback? Have you tweaked your system in any special way?