React Not Living Up to it's Potential

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Synner
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

React Not Living Up to it's Potential

Post by Synner »

Hey there,

finally got my React. It is well built and the layout is well thought out. It should be a simple task to interface it in Resolume as the software learns from the signals sent to it from any midi device.

This just isn't so with the React. I can assign the endless controllers to handle layer speeds and alpha settings - but they won't work when trying to use them to control the in / and out clip settings.

Frustrating.

Also the shift function will work for some of the buttons (all of the user definable buttons that have no description printed on the controller) but it doesn't work for all of the buttons found next to the shift key... This is in the center area of the controller.

When are we going to get software for modifying the controller to send different midi information?

I use MIDI-OX to see what information is being sent by the controller and can confirm that the jog wheel will send information when turned - but nothing when pressed.

I was really wanting to use the shift fuction with the buttons found next to it - including the toggle button - but the same info is sent with or without the shift key.

Please send me details as to how I can reconfigure this midi controller to output the messages I wish to send.

Thanks...

(I'm patiently waiting)

Synner

NOKAMI

Post by NOKAMI »

hum.... please keep inform about the feedback. Before we are going to buy this hardware...

NOKAMI.

therandelman
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by therandelman »

hello SYNNER!
have u managed to get the endless knobs working in a satisfying way?
can you adjust parameters step for step without value jumps?
i am trying to get endless knobs workin with resolume, but it seems to be NOT possible at the moment... i am still waiting for an answer of the resolume developers regarding that, but it seems that they are tpp busy at the moment...
if anyone can comment on that, do so please!
:cool:

Synner

Post by Synner »

I haven't heard anything from my friends @ Resoulme concerning the use of the react with their software - yet... ; )

Before the React I was using another controller that outputs continuous information (only the jog wheel and the cross fader do this on the React). I was then able to use the controller to adjust the in and out points gradually in either direction.

The knobs on the React only send a 01 or a 0F depending which way they are turned. This is fine for all the sliders in Resoulme - but doesn't work when trying to assign them to the in and out points.

The fellows at netzteil.at - the people who build this interface - have told me that the configuration tool for React will be ready in 2 weeks. I am hoping that at this time I will be able to change the mode of the controllers to send continuos information.

If not - then I will have to prevail upon the good folks at Resolume to modify the clip in / out midi reception to handle Reacts current output.

We all have to remember that everyone who uses the controller will do so in their own way and wish to configure it do what they want. Some will try configurations that have never been attempted before and along the way discover areas that need adjustment. This is all part of the fun of being early adopters of new technology! We may even get to have input that will shape the outcome of the final products. After all, the information cards included with the hardware specify a configuration tool for windows - yet it is still under development!

The issue with the shifting function of the keys - must be an oversight in the current setup as shipped from the factory. As far as I know ALL of the YELLOW keys are to be shiftable. Otherwise why provide the shift / shift lock key?

I'm not worried. I know that all involved in the collaberation between the people at Resolume and those at Netzteil want the same thing: The perfect marriage between software and hardware. Thus, with feedback from the users, adjustments can be made that will benefit everyone who uses this combination.

Don't let my original post throw you off. This is a top quality controller with a well thought out layout and way above average build quality. Money well spent.

I know I am well on my way to being a very satisfied customer!

BTW - since I'm ranting - I'm a control freak. I am going through exactly the same process with another controller (http://www.jazzmutant.com). The software has been upgraded many times, always fixing glitches and improving the functionality of the unit. I've found and reported problems from earlier versions of the programming interface and even had some functionality requests included in recent releases of the software. The beauty of todays technology is it's ability to be redefined and updated as need arises. The Lemur is an amzing controller - one of the best on the planet. I have spent a lot of time with it and have used it as a controller for resolume with great success. However - as I am performing both live audio and live video simultaneously the React is a better controller to hande Resolume. The Lemur can not be controlled without looking directly at it - so as to see what you are controlling. Once familliar with the React's position of knobs, faders and buttons, you can operate the controller by touch - while looking the other way and doing something else with another controller!

Keeping it real.
Real Krazy.
Synner

jim
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by jim »

Originally posted by therandelman
hello SYNNER!
have u managed to get the endless knobs working in a satisfying way?
can you adjust parameters step for step without value jumps?
i am trying to get endless knobs workin with resolume, but it seems to be NOT possible at the moment... i am still waiting for an answer of the resolume developers regarding that, but it seems that they are tpp busy at the moment...
if anyone can comment on that, do so please!
:cool:
I could send you a copy of my xml setting file as it works alright for me after a bit of tweaking