Behringer BCR2000 setup

Bro, does your rig even lift?
bart
Team Resolume

Behringer BCR2000 setup

Post by bart »

here is a nice blog about how James Loveday has his Behringer BCR2000 setup for Resolume:
This is a particularly attractive controller for Resolume because the 3 main groups of knobs mirror its 3 layer control scheme. Even the ReACT requires the use of shift or layer select keys to choose which layer you’re tweaking. Clip triggering is covered by a qwerty keyboard (handy hint: recent model Thinkpads have a built in LED to illuminate your keyboard in dark clubs), but most other controls can be covered with a BCR2000.
http://createdigitalmusic.com/2006/04/2 ... l-for-vjs/

[Edited on 25-4-2006 by bart]

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I am thinking about purchasing one. How do I configure BCR2000 to work with resolume. Do I need any additional software / drivers or does resolume recognise the BCR200. thanks

LudikaStyle
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by LudikaStyle »

Anyone testing this gear? Impressions? I'm planning to buy one too to control resolume & 3dsmax/XSI
F;)

VJWraith
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

I like

Post by VJWraith »

Yeah I gots one.

Its great, it allows for precise lumakeying and time and opacity controls. I have been using alot of background computer animations and find this invauable. The three rows work out very well. I then use a ERIDOL PCR M30 for clip triggering.

The drivers work fine although there is a bit of DIY aspect to downloading and using the drivers it was no problem for me.

Peace
kmaloney380@hotmail.com
Calgary

LudikaStyle
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by LudikaStyle »

Got one too and seems to work fine! More testing next week. Going to try also the presets posted by someone here (deep_delete?)
News soon, and Resolume licence too, demo is no fun at all.

vjrobert

Post by vjrobert »

Hi there I know many people have had probs assigning these functions. I helped someone else out with this and thought Id send it to u as well to see if it helps. If you have any more probs just let me know.

okdude so this is how to assign the encoders and other twiddly things.

press edit, then press or turn (press for encoder)the control u want to assign, right now the top row of knobs become ur interface for setting the parameters of the button/knob u just touched.

ok so to get the top row to work in resolume you need to tell the controller that the knobs when pressed are notes. so press edit, press your first knob and then you need to twist the first knob until it says note then press again. then the second knob refers to the channel u can leave this at 1,third knob is the number of the encoder, you just have to make sure here that no two encoders have the same number or resolume will get confused so prob best to write em down.

The fourth knob is the value 1 knob which u can setfrom 1 -127 set this at 127 and the max value for the effect that you assign to this knob will come on at 100 percent.

While youre doing this every time you change a value press the knob in that you changed and it saves that value.

you have to do this with all eight, so the next step is to press exit then edit and press knob 2 labelled ch for channel, then work ur way thru the eight knobs again changing the first to note,channel1 etc

Dont forget once u change somethin press that knob again to save and then press exit after all the values are changed.

I hope this helps

its pretty much the same for the rest of the buttons/knobs. u should set all knobs to cc controls and all button to notes and they should all be on channel 1 and have their own numbers.the knobs value val1=0 val2=127

when uve done em all you press store and the controller will store the settings on the numbered preset ur on.

normal
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by normal »

Yeah I wrote that little guide dude.

cameronch

Post by cameronch »

hmmm... i'm still a bit confused. I want to know how to assign some of the rotary controls to notes? I'm not sure how to approach this. Just wanted to know if that was possible...

All i saw were things like nPr1 and Pb and At.... but no "note"

normal
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by normal »

U can assign the rotaries when you push them to a note control, pres edit push the rotary and go through the setup steps above but choose the note option.

I dont have the bcr2000 anymore so its a bit difficult to give advice on this as Im now working with the vmxvj contoller.

cameronch

Post by cameronch »

Thanks, I am talking about the rotary knobs that do not have buttons. Could you assign lets say: 1-20 to "lighten" and 20-40 set to "multiply" ect. . .

Not sure if I would use this but just wondering if you could assign that sort of functionality to the rotary only controls.

thanks for the response.

[Edited on 29-9-2007 by cameronch]