dual/triplehead2go

Bro, does your rig even lift?
globus
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

dual/triplehead2go

Post by globus »

hi there!!!!
anybody tried running resolume with dual- / triplehead2go extension by matrox?!?!? loox pretty cute but im not sure if i had to set the resolution for the whole 2 / 3 desktop system....
any experience?!?!??!?especially from laptop users....
thanx globus

lotech
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by lotech »

yeah sounds exciting, although more in Modul8 on a Mac than maybe Resolume - once you start outputting widescreen you will find some inherent restrictions in Resolumes design as it still really thinks in a 4:3 world, sure you can play and output the clips in 8:3 but you'll need to use scale/move effects on each clip if your content is still in 4:3.
We did see a demo of HD VJing in Resolume @ AVIT last year which was interesting but its still a little too hardware intensive for current generation PCs - even most
desktop PCs. The future is coming but for now stick to mastering the 4:3 SD output.
With powerful GPUs you can quite easily output 2x 1024x768 to 2x XGA projectors - But Resolume doesn't really use the GPU meaning your CPU has to render all the effects, decode the clips AND render it on a larger/wider output window.

Maybe V3.0 will start thinking in the lines of compositing in a 'space' (what ever screen size/shape) more than layering clips in a box as V2 does.
I've just got a MacBook Pro, so I'm rolling XP & OSX and am very likely to end up with one of these Matrox boxes - but it may just end up pushing me into using Modul8 instead of Resolume. Infact the new Modul8 allows up to 7(!!!) seperate screen outputs from the one G5! This is amazing and allow for some interesting playback options in big budget gigs.

[Edited on 28-6-2006 by lotech]

DAS BEN

Post by DAS BEN »

no it doesnt work, resolume doesnt like the screen setup.

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Only in fullscreen or in general? (Does windowed output work??)

PiXelSHift
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by PiXelSHift »

This is really interesting, in the sense that i have also been thinking about getting a matrox. Any experience would really be appreciated.

muttermotion
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by muttermotion »

i just got matrox triplehead2go yesterday...
planning using it with resolume, everyone tried it yet..?
it is worked..?

i plan to use it at 14 July...

any works that will help me in the setting..?

muttermotion
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by muttermotion »

tried the matrox 3H2G with resolume.
it work good with 3 projector.. before opening resolume.
but after i open d resolume & configure the screen..
it CAN NOT work as i image..!

anyone ever do it with it..?

DAS BEN

Post by DAS BEN »

somewhere in the resolume folder must be a script, where you can define a custom render and output size. (it was mentioned somewhere in the forum). its just an idea. try the same output size of the matrox box, like 3072*768.