DMX Problems.... (ENTTEC)

Bro, does your rig even lift?
stanleystark
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

DMX Problems.... (ENTTEC)

Post by stanleystark »

Hey I just got myself a brand new Enttec DMX USB Pro Interface.

The thing is, that it does not seem to work....

I connected the thing, installed the drivers. started resolume, and got it recognized on COM port 1....

I noticed that i can only select either input or output, but that is no prob since i only want output at the moment....

i ran the dmxExample1.swf file and got nothing. i connected it to a simple par dimmer device and the LEDs on the dimmer never showed an incoming signal.

The LED on the ENTTEC never lights up.

I tried using a DMX signal tester and it said either, No Signal or Wrong Cable or Signal doesnt comply with the DMX512 standard 1991 or something like that.

What am I doing wrong??!!!! has anyone used the ENTTEC device succesfully??

thanks...

bryandod
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by bryandod »

I am having the same problem. Can't get an input signal either. It works fine with the Arkaos demo so I'm sure it is installed properly. Has anybody actually gotten this to work?

grobkorn
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by grobkorn »

nearly the same problem here...

enttec device works perfect with enttecs lightfactory, arkaos and freestyler...

in resolume either input OR output can eb selected... BUT only if you selected the right dmx-universe...

output works good - input NOT!
tried hours to get some dmx-signals IN resolume - no way... freestyler (similar to martin´s light jockey) reacts perfect - so cables, device and connections are all ok....

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Make sure you first set the correct com port number and then select "Enttec DMX USB Pro" if is it able to connect to it it will stay selected, otherwise "disabled" will stay selected.

There is no need to set a universe if you are using the Enttec device, the universe is only required for Artnet.

[Edited on 27-9-2006 by bart]

stanleystark
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by stanleystark »

i think my problem was, old drivers... downloaded the new drivers and firmware from enttec and now it works well...

try it out.. (and remember to choose the right com port) until it enttec turns magenta on resolume...