RAM and an oxygen 8...

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

RAM and an oxygen 8...

Post by Basic »

im still testing resolume and i have to say what i fantastic program. there is still a lot to learn and im really happy with it. the only 2 questions i have at the moment is...

is 2gb RAM better than 1? thats what im running at the moment and it runs good but it has trouble with 3 full pal res layers. could 2gb of RAM give it a boost? also i have a p4 2.8 processor

my second question is to do with an oxygen 8 midi keyboard that is connected via usb 2.0

and what it seems to be is that when i set the midi preferences sometimes i get the program what i want and sometimes i dont, it also seems that resolume sometimes just forgets that it is actaully assigned to a certain key.

could the problems be with the drivers for the oxy 8 which seem to not have passed the windows test? is there some hack or different drivers that i could use?

thanks for you time and any links to related articles would be great and any experience of anybody using this midi keyboard with resolume would be great aswell.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

More and faster is always better! So yes 2 Gb will make a difference but a new processor will make a difference too! The p4 is getting old now.

Many people are using the oxygen 8 midi keyboard, it is quite a popular keyboard for Resolume. The midi settings file is stored in the ~\My Documents\Resolume 2.4\settings\midi\ folder so please check if that file exhist. And make a backup of that file as soon as you have it setup the way you like it.

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

thanks for that bart. 2gb it is and also i think a new computer is also in need. so if i get a new comp with best processor and more ram could i run 3 layers of full pal? i can run 3 layers now but it does slow down as ive been doing some tests.