Wii

Bro, does your rig even lift?
tkmofo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by tkmofo »

So the semester is over but I got my wiimote communicating with quite a few programs... I wrote my own GlovePie scripts for outputting midi signals, and pulled that information into Ableton Live and MaxMSP. I'm playing around with different values, pretty fun messing around with it now that I've got all the hardware and software communicating properly. So much potential in this stuff! I had to provide documentation of my progress for one of my classes, so I put up a video on YouTube showing my initial experimentation interfacing with Ableton Live. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfmnTvnA4qg

abletonator

Post by abletonator »

got my wiimotes working with both glovePIE and resolume.....but its really jerky....glovePIE doesn't like running along side resolume for some reason? anybody else find this? can anybody point me to a solution?

i'm running on a centrino laptop 1.2ghz 500mb ram...maybe need more ram?

oh amazing wot you can do wiv the wiimote!! ;)

[Edited on 15-5-2007 by abletonator]

VJ Nexus
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJ Nexus »

the biggest reason that jerkiness happens when using the wiimote is the bluetooth program that runs in the system tray actually uses some processor power the whole time it's running. (uses 10-13% of one of my cores) Not a lot, but it can be noticeable. Here is one place where dual core is very useful!

Also, your machine in general doesn't sound like too much of a resolume powerhouse... more ram would help, but a faster processor would be better...

VJ Nexus

Post by VJ Nexus »

EXPECT A COMPLETELY NEW VERSION OF THE RESOLUME GLOVEPIE CODE! (next week...?)

I have figured out some very cool functionality in glovePIE, and am rewriting my code to suit it. It will have simpler control, and the ability to toggle easily between control of effects/clips/flash/scratching with a single button pressed, instead of held. The led's feed back the current configuration, as well as layer selected. Also much better control for scratching and cueing. Everything resolume can do with midi will be accounted for!

It's cool - will have every possible midi note programmed in :)

CaptainPants

Post by CaptainPants »

Dang, Nexus, I'm looking forward to the update, sounds awesome. I just need to make some time to get my darn wiimote to connect to my computer. I've got it to be recognized, but it doesn't want to maintain the connection. I haven't had much time to debug though. Keep on rocking.

valtergomes

Post by valtergomes »

im going to buy a wiimote+nunchuck and give it a try ...cant wait for tomorrow to go and buy it !! :)

btw, does it (wiimote+nunchuck+glovepie) works under windows vista?

valtergomes

Post by valtergomes »

btw, just checked your Instructions file for v .09.. and,

Resolume_v_08 Glove Pie Instructions < wrong file online for download, or forgot to change this in the .doc ? :P

valtergomes

Post by valtergomes »

will buy the wii remote and nunchuck today, will try it today on a resident gig (hope it will work), so, let me see if i get everything
i need:

wii remote + nunchuck
bluetooth adaptor

glovepie 0.29 (version?)
bomes midi translator classic 1.40 (?)

nexus config files (xml for resolume and and .pie for glovepie)

if everything goes well, i can use it tonight (i hope so..)

is this all ok? thx

VJ Nexus

Post by VJ Nexus »

Originally posted by valtergomes
btw, just checked your Instructions file for v .09.. and,

Resolume_v_08 Glove Pie Instructions < wrong file online for download, or forgot to change this in the .doc ? :P
forgot to update the version number in the doc - the instructions themselves are up to date... :P

Good luck doing a gig on the same day as getting the equipment... it may take a bit to sync/learn/etc... I use midi yoke, not bomes.

valtergomes

Post by valtergomes »

already bought the wiiremote, couldnt find nunchuck any any shop :(

also couldnt get the wiiremote to work :\
bluetooth finds it and connects to it.. the lights on the wiiremote blink, but cant get it to work even like a windows mouse.. when i active a .PIE of winmouse the mouse just starts going up till the left corner of the screen :(
any toughts what this could be? do i need the IR sensorbar or so?

nexus could u pm me with ur contact (msn) so u could help me with this?

thx in advance!