Wii

Bro, does your rig even lift?
valtergomes
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by valtergomes »

freshnews!

already got it to work as a mouse, but can't install Midi-Yoke.. Gives me an error when installing the driver :\

anyone knows what it could be? any other midi-program that i can use?

valtergomes

Post by valtergomes »

it says that the driver's controller may be missing :S

tkmofo

Post by tkmofo »

I use Maple Virtual Midi, works great for me.... I configured it to have midi signals going into port 1 (from the wiimote), then sent out port 2 throught a program called Midi-Ox to my desired program. Midi-Ox may not be necessary, but it has a nice graphical component showing the i/o signals so I can track everything and make sure all my stuff is communicating properly.

Maple Virtual Midi:
http://www.hurchalla.com/Maple_driver.html

Midi-Ox:
http://www.midiox.com/

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Ian

Post by Ian »

So if you have this working, you can call yourself a WJ ;)

djatzmo

Post by djatzmo »

hi,
my problem is, i don't get the wiimote connected with midi yoke. i think the input have to be like this:

wiimote --> midi yoke --> the synth or what ever you want to trigger with midi

but how can i connect these things? i tried also to work with ableton live. it doesent work. if some has a tutorial for any audio-/midi-seqeuncer please tell me!

wiimote is corectly connectetd to the pc. i've run some scripts from glovepie and it works fantastic!

the main thing i want to do is, to modify synthies and control the sounds with motion control from the wiimote. i don't find any tutorials in the web.

for example, in ableton live i activate all in- and outputs for midi yoke but how it responds to the wiimote?

and hows about scripts for glovepie? i find some for midi but they didn't work as i expect! some hints would be nice!:cool:

thanks... ;)

[Bearbeitet am 31-5-2007 von djatzmo]

Manwell
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Manwell »

I haven't tried using a wiimote yet but I will soon because it looks like it could be amazing with some practice. If you have managed to connect the wiimote and convert the signals to midi using glovepie then piped it into Ableton with midi yoke it should be just a matter of assigning the midi cc's to the parameters you want to control. In Live click the midi control tab, the screen turns purple and the browser shows you what is assigned. Click a parameter (filter cutoff is always nice) then move the wiimote up, if it has been successful the mapping will appear in the browser. Click the midi control tab again and the screen returns to normal, play something back and go crazy with the wiimote. If this doesn't work maybe something is going wrong before the midi can get to Live or Resolume. To set up Resolume the process is quite similar, find the midi setup, click what you want to control, move the wiimote in the direction you want and the connection should be made. I hope this helps.

vaxination

Post by vaxination »

what a great excuse to get a wii controller, and my laptop has bluetooth built in. this coupled with my UHF transmitter will allow my Virtual vision sport headset (a HMD) to view my preview while using the wii to control the midi parameters.. this is the kind of setup I was originally thinking about when I got the damn thing! very nice!

djatzmo

Post by djatzmo »

@Manwell:
thx for your hint with the midi tab.
but my problem is, i have a script that says midi.output=1 so i said in live midi input (by midiyoke) is 1. but there a three buttons: track, synth, remote
so glove pie gives midi out and live should get it. but it doesn't work! i get no midi input!

valtergomes

Post by valtergomes »

still cant get it to work... grgr :\

can anyone work on a How-To vid or so? :\

djatzmo

Post by djatzmo »

^^ jeah! that would be great!

im very clos to the solution but still get no midi input! please help! you can also look at my post above ^^