Wii

Bro, does your rig even lift?
F1LT3R
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by F1LT3R »

WII CONTROLLER ANS RESOLUME SCRIPTS NOW WORKING!!!

I want to say thanks to VJ NEXUS for helping me get there. And I also want to encourage people who think their Wii Controller is broken, or their Blue-Tooth is not compatible... keep going guys, you;ll get it.

I tried to add the device about 50 times, thinking it was working when it added a Mouse service from the blue-tooth window. But once that Mouse Service on RVL-CNT-01 is added, it should then install drivers for a "HID compliant Human interfeace device." Until you get that sweet installation, it wont work properly. But now it's got there.... it seems to always work.

Happy Hacking!!

:D

VJ Nexus
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJ Nexus »

Glad to hear you finally got it working. After you contacted me personally, i was afraid I somehow got you excited into this wii thing - you immediately went out and bought the gear within minutes of chatting. After you couldn't get it to work - it was discouraging. I thought i had all the bugs worked out... Anyways, glad to hear its working, and glad to be of service :)

VJ Nexus
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJ Nexus »

Updated Version 0.9

GlovePIE code v0.9
Updated Instructions
Updated Midi preference file

Right click and "save as..."

Fixed a few bugs, added a little functionality... still working on it. Gonna try a completely different build of it too soon.

aleo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by aleo »

AWESOME!!!!

was just thinking of a vj equivalent after watching the youtube clips of dj wiij

F1LT3R

Post by F1LT3R »

Yeah dude, Wii and Resolume are FUUUUUN!

aleo

Post by aleo »

i'm off this weekend to buya wii mote...in the same situation, spent a lot of money of gear already this year and can't quite buy the full wii yet ...but eventually....

will keep u guys posted on getting it working...PROPS to NEXUS for sharing the technical info...

aleo

Post by aleo »

wiimote and flash....

you guys are probably already aware of it but you can use ur wimote with flash applications.. ( http://www.wiiflash.org )

that really opens up the door to a lot of things in terms of vjing... i use quite a few flash loops in my sets...now imagine being able to control a flash avatar/character/person via the wiimote...as a track is building up to a climax, you could gradually lift your hands up to the ceiling...the blutooth adaptor could detect the motion upwards and make the flash character lift his/her hands up as well...

definitely cool stuff...this will open a whole new field for vjs

[Edited on 14-4-2007 by aleo]

F1LT3R

Post by F1LT3R »

Originally posted by aleo
imagine being able to control a flash avatar/character/person via the wiimote...a
[Edited on 14-4-2007 by aleo]

DEFinatly!

F1LT3R

Post by F1LT3R »

Havn't been able to get my Wii Remote working since that day :(
No idea what's going on.

F1LT3R

Post by F1LT3R »

Just spent almost 2 hours trying to re-connect my Wii Remote. Unfortunatly it just wont kick in properly. I think this is wasting too much time to continue with unfortunatly. I hope someone figures out why some remotes have trouble, and bring out a fix.

A little word of advice to anyone attempting the Wii Remote thing... don't tell your clients you can do it, cause if it wont connect on the night, you will look like an idiot.