nrrtv
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by nrrtv »

wise words, F1LT3R

I hate when this kind of issue happens :/

Refekation
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Refekation »

Thanks Nexus for the script, Iv'e been using it since this saturday with Res and it runs beutifully!

Got the WiiMote running after only 5 hours of consulting Wiki pages and forums... :)

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

hey Refekation, could you tell us what you found that helped after 5 hours of looking?

i had a quite try the other day, but couldnt get either of my wii remotes to connect to my laptops build in bluetooth, it just wont show up in the devices window.

messhead
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by messhead »

Just wondering if you can use the WiiRemotes and the ReAct controller together with no problems with the files you provided nexus?

Cheers ;)

I have a Wii with 4 controller/2 nunchucks and 4 classic controllers, can the nunchuck be configured into the equasion? I pretty certain the classic controller just configures the same commands the remote does to its self so you have 2 of every controller. Least it does on bomberman '93 haha :)

Also, like your work as well, just checked your myspace ;) Im just getting into it but been involved with DJ/VJ'ing awhile and know a few producers. Thought someone better put some visuals to the work and its right down my street. As if you done work with Dj Aphrodite as well :)

[Edited on 18-4-2007 by messhead]

tkmofo

Post by tkmofo »

Originally posted by levon
i had a quite try the other day, but couldnt get either of my wii remotes to connect to my laptops build in bluetooth, it just wont show up in the devices window.
Have you looked into whether your bluetooth devices are compatible with the wiimote? I found that a lot of people don't realize that not every bluetooth device is compatible, or they initially installed the wiimote drivers wrong. Found a pretty comprehensive list here http://wiibrew.org/index.php?title=List ... th_Devices and it also has specific instructions for syncing up the device as an HID component in windows using the widcomm stack (the instructions aren't very refined looking but it worked for me). My professor has an intel mac and had no problem syncing when running OSX but couldn't use the wiimote while running windows xp on the same laptop.

On another note, I'm a senior at Northern Illinois University in the Time Arts program (aka new media). I'm currently using the wiimote on two separate interactive projects for my Audio Art class and my Advanced Interactivity class. I have been working on a number of applications, including GlovePie, MaxMSP, Resolume, and Reaktor. I just got my hands on Ableton Live and am about to dive into that, and am starting to look into incorporating Flash because I've worked with it quite a bit in the past few years of school. I was also considering getting into Director again because of its support for interactivity and sensory/signal input, but it's been a good year since I've touched any Lingo.

I've used WiinRemote which seems to detect the wiimote movements quite well and in an easily understood graphical display, but the program is too limited with what you can do with that information (only button to keyboard assignments). So of course like many others I have been using GlovePie religiously, and am beginning to write my own code for it to get my desired results in each specific program.

My initial intent was to use the wiimote to directly interact with MaxMSP, but aparently this is only currently possible on Macs because of the way the bluetooth framework is set up, and the Windows version of Max has a few slight differences. I, of course, have Windows XP Media Center, and have to try to use GlovePie to send Midi or OSC signals.

Anyway, I guess I don't have any specific questions right now, but if anyone has any advice or links to resources on using any of the said above programs, please let me know! I'm still picking apart Wiili and Wiiki sites among others, and don't be surprised if someone in this forum gets an e-mail from me directly!

Thanks for any help! My website should be up soon, which will include important info and links about using the Wiimote, as well as a blog on my progress, and of course examples of my previous work done in & out of school.

-Tom

tkmofo

Post by tkmofo »

Sorry I just realized how long that post was! Oh and thanks to those who have already provide much useful information.

-Tom

Refekation

Post by Refekation »

levon
The most helpful source of information is the wiki list of working bluetooth devices that tkmofo posted above. Also if your on a mac book I found a "how to" on getting the widcomm stack working in mac on vjforums (second post from the top): http://www.vjforums.com/showthread.php? ... hlight=wii

Not sure if this is helpfull, I didn't realy have any problems detecting the wii mote. But if you get that working I suggest continuing with this wii to midi tutorial: http://crustea.vjfrance.com/article-130714.html
The gaps in his tutorial can easely be filled with the docs of glovepie an midiyoke...

homing
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by homing »

After many hours, i finally made it work

It's great. Just waiting for the nunchuk (i just had the wiimote).

Just wish there could be a way to auto reconnect. If would like to use it mainly when i'm on the dance floor.

[Edited on 2-5-2007 by homing]

TM

Post by TM »

Hi, I just got a wiimote because a friend tall me that he was using it. But he's using it on mac with DarwiinRemote and a twick of it by michael zoellner + processing. Ok I don't have mac but a pc with a bluetooth usb. Got glovepie ( last version ). I don't know if someone could help me a bit. Don't really know where to start...
In "my bluetooth place" I see the wiimote when I press bt 1 and 2 together. Fine. But Glovepie don't see it. Is there anything in particular I have to do with glovepie to make it work. I tried the calibration. I tried to select the wiimote in the imput device of glovepie. I tried bluesoleil. Nothing. I don't understand that if my bluetooth usb see the wiimote but glovepie doesn't.
Any advice ????? After this I will make glovepie speak to processing.

TM

Post by TM »

ok, It works. I mean for the moment the wiitest script work. :D
let's rock