cpu don´t work at 100%

Bro, does your rig even lift?
balcib
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

cpu don´t work at 100%

Post by balcib »

hi guys!!!
i like veru much resolume software!!!

I´m photographer and i want to use resolume 2.4 to play animated 720x 576 resolution pictures in dv25 and picvideo format and use his random options.

My last machin :
p4 3ghz( 800 fsb)
1,5 gb ram ddr 400
2x hd (raid 0)
video nvidea 5200 fx 256 mb
bios ram and cpu configuration in automatic
windows xp and 64bits

I can´t reproduce one dv25 layer whithout jitering , the image always jump and isn´t smooth.
what wonders me is that my cpu performance is only 35% and i read in the forum that resolume runs cpu up to 100%
is that normal ?maybe the processor is fast enough and that is the reason that it only work al 35% and the problem is something other .maybe the fsb?
or, it realy need to go at 100%?
please guys i loose a lot of time reading posts in different forums and i can´t solve the problem. can any one help me?

VJ Nexus
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJ Nexus »

You processor is probably Hyper Threading (HT) - which essentially works like a dual core, but only has 2 threads instead of a whole seperate core. Windows sees it as two processors and treats it as such, meaning resolume (which only supports single core) will only use half of your processor. This doesn't quite explain why you are so low as 35% - i have an HT laptop that runs at 55-60% at all times.

Also make sure you are running resolume in windows xp (32-bit) not the 64-bit edition. There's no reason to run it in 64-bit as it would just scale it down to 32-bit anyway, and you'd lose power in that scaling.

balcib
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by balcib »

YEAR!!!!!A LOT OF THANKS NEXUS!!!!!
now i uderstand. exaclty my p4 3gh 630 has Hyper Threading
I read in the forum that amd make good single core cpu´s.
I was looking sempron, turion ,and athlon specifications.
you now whitch are the best specifications of them for resolume?
is memory bandwidth relevant?
or only the system bandwidth?
hey guys what amd single core you prefer?

nrrtv
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by nrrtv »

I use a HT here too. You can disable the HT in BIOS, but I don't if this will help.

Are you using a partition only for resolume? Is always a good practice to do so.

[Edited on 12-4-2007 by nrrtv]

VJ Nexus
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJ Nexus »

you can't always disable ht in bios - not all bios' have this option. If yours does have this option, and this is the path you choose, you may want to install windows fresh when you turn the ht off. I have heard windows will not always work because it is installed under the assumption that the computer has "two" processors. When you take away 1, it sometimes freaks out.