TV signal in Resolume

Bro, does your rig even lift?
epiq
Is taking Resolume on a second date

TV signal in Resolume

Post by epiq »

Hello!
Anybody use TV tuner as external video signal for Resolume ? I try to use TV box via video capture card and it's very well (one problem what picture is black-white, but i think it connector problem). And now i want try to use PCMCIA or USB TV tuner for this , but i'am not sure what Resolume can response signal from TV tuner - may be some have positive/negative expirience with this ?

Danger
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Danger »

yes i use my Toshiba Qosmio tv tunner :)
but try it before you buy it...some tv cards don't work very well :( and others you have some problem to select the channel becouse you can't change the channel on resolume and even if select the channel with the card software when you exit the card software he will "reset" the card

epiq

Post by epiq »

Originally posted by Danger
yes i use my Toshiba Qosmio tv tunner :)
but try it before you buy it...some tv cards don't work very well :( and others you have some problem to select the channel becouse you can't change the channel on resolume and even if select the channel with the card software when you exit the card software he will "reset" the card
i.e. you can simple select TV channels from Resolume? You card have IR remote control or you make selecting via card software?
And second question about sound from TV tuner - can you give it sound to resolume for analyzing?

Danger

Post by Danger »

i can't select channels on resolume ...
My card have a remote control but i can't use it without the card software running...
yes you can analyze the sound from it

epiq

Post by epiq »

i can't select channels on resolume ...
My card have a remote control but i can't use it without the card software running...
yes you can analyze the sound from it
Hm, it's not good. We will select various channels from TV during perfomance, but now i see only variant with connecting TV box via video capture card =\

TV Suicide

[Edited on 6-11-2007 by epiq]

Danger

Post by Danger »

why don't you use some tv recptor and connect it to V4 or other mixer ?

DayVeeJay

Post by DayVeeJay »

I have a pinnacle hd usb pro stick. The picture quality is very good but I have a problem selecting an input other than the coaxial. Maybe this could work for you. I do not recommend any other pinnacle product.

epiq

Post by epiq »

why don't you use some tv recptor and connect it to V4 or other mixer ?
1. we need to prepare source tv picture by resolume audio analysis, before show it to output big screen, and
2. we limited by $ and now work without v4 - just laptop and projector - it's russian reality ;))

epiq

Post by epiq »

Originally posted by DayVeeJay
I have a pinnacle hd usb pro stick. The picture quality is very good but I have a problem selecting an input other than the coaxial. Maybe this could work for you. I do not recommend any other pinnacle product.
I found only this "Pinnacle PCTV Hybrid Pro Stick" on local Pinnacle web site - you talk about it?

DayVeeJay

Post by DayVeeJay »

Thats the one. You can get it to switch to the svideo and rca input if you mess with it long enough in resolume.