BEST VIDEO MIXER FOR R3? (NOT MIDI)

Bro, does your rig even lift?
sburke1
Is taking Resolume on a second date

BEST VIDEO MIXER FOR R3? (NOT MIDI)

Post by sburke1 »

Hello VJ's , I need to get a video mixer so my friend and I can "jam out" with Resolume, from both our computers. We already have midi controllers so we dont need that.
I've been looking at the V4.....but is there something out there that is cheaper? If we can run live video through R3 then I dont even know if we need 4 inputs.

I've got all the video effects I need R3 so I dont need to buy a mixer for its effects, all I want the mixer to do is to blend our signals, and maybe have some blend modes so I can trigger video samples on top of his in a nice manner with multiply or chromakey/lumakey type stuff. Does anybody have any reccomendations? Maybe even some words of the wise or links to info on basic video mixers in general and what benefits they have? Thanks alot

alirobertson
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: BEST VIDEO MIXER FOR R3? (NOT MIDI)

Post by alirobertson »

I could do with this info too. I'm trying to build flexibility into into my performance so multiple sources are more easily managed and so that if a PC goes down I can switch quickly to the other. Not sure the V4 is the option though (apart from the expense), does this have the right VGA feeds into it to manage 2 PCs? Also, me like you, I don't need the additional video features, just a fader would be enough.

I have found VGA switch boxes though...

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

if the v4 is too expensive, but you want to mix more than 1 vga feed at a time, then give up looking now, there isnt a product that fits both of those categories. the only VGA mixer i have had regular use of is the v440 and thats at least 10 times the price of a v4.

massta
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by massta »

The new Edirol V8 has a single VGA input. It's over twice the price of a V4, but offers 8 inputs (all are SD)
http://tinyurl.com/lmsog6

There has been some discussion on using an Intestity Pro
http://tinyurl.com/hl79h
to mix two signals, in HD for that matter.

Review here:
http://tinyurl.com/3b3ynj

I'd really like to see more testing with this device.

alirobertson

Post by alirobertson »

alirobertson wrote:I could do with this info too. I'm trying to build flexibility into into my performance so multiple sources are more easily managed and so that if a PC goes down I can switch quickly to the other. Not sure the V4 is the option though (apart from the expense), does this have the right VGA feeds into it to manage 2 PCs? Also, me like you, I don't need the additional video features, just a fader would be enough.

I have found VGA switch boxes though...
OK, so full VGA mixing isn't in my price range. I have solved the basic switching issue for about £30. I bought a VS201 from Maplins. This lets you line 2 computers into one projector and you can then manually switch between the 2 when needed. I now use this in case of a computer crash, click a switch and 3 seconds later the backup PC output appears. Nice backup at a fair price. Hope it isn;t needed this weekend at Chasfest ;)

Ali

massta
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by massta »

All your prayers answered. I've been waiting years for this product and it's being created by a VJ.
How cool is that. Most devices that mix HD sources range from $5000-12000. This unit will be in the $1200 range.

http://tobyz.net/tobyzstuff/projects/dvi-mixer

~Shawn

Marcodouma@mac.com

Re: BEST VIDEO MIXER - Numark nuvj

Post by Marcodouma@mac.com »

What about the Numark nuvj vj-controller? That one isn't that expensive. Does it work with Avenue 3.0?

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

he said not midi.... he wants a hardware mixer, not a controller