Ohm64

Bro, does your rig even lift?
VJNYC
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Ohm64

Post by VJNYC »

I just got my brand new Ohm64 and I am jumping into resolume3. I actually bought a unfinished model and painted it grey and yellow to match my resolume. Anyone else working with the 64 and resolume? Is there anyway to convert my output to MIDI to send it to the button grid on the ohm so I can display the videos in 8 bit style on the control surface? this would be awesome. I have seen things like this for the monome so i am sure there is a way to do it? something like this but with video files?

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Ohm64

Post by Tschoepler »

today I go my hands on the OHM64 for the first time. First of all: WOW.
To your question: I guess what you refer to are videos that show the Monome controlling Live. Avenue doesn't support MIDI/OSC–out. So for now you can only hack this feature with backrouting the OHM's signal. You can do this via Bome's MIDI translator. I'll report again when I got this golden piece working some more complex stuff via MAX.
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Haha! That's a pretty nifty video. Completely useless, but darn cool nonetheless.

Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler »

Finally had some time to come up with a patch in alpha stadium for the OHM64.
There is still a lot to work on. E.g. the buttons' lighting to switch on bank change and switch button functionality for suporting more than 8 clips per layer etc. etc. :lol:
For now: Have a look and enjoy ;)

Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler »

Added parsing on the fly when switching decks.The buttons now blink in sync as well and two switch modes are in the pipeline. Furthermore I boosted the initial avc parsing. An avc with 90,000 lines gets processed in 2 seconds :D The patch stores only the lines with opening tags <deck id… and <clip uniqueID… That way the patch only processes 144 lines @ deck switch.

Last edited by Tschoepler on Mon Sep 13, 2010 14:30, edited 1 time in total.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Wow. Am I seeing correctly the Ohm recognizes which slots have clips loaded and which ones are empty?

Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler »

yup :D I used the XML parser I wrote for the "comp editor patch" (see developers thread). That way I get all the information without the need for MIDI OUT.
Sorry for not explaining in more detail. The clips are not meant to be tutorials. I just wanted to post my progress as soon as possible for anyone deciding weither to get an APC40 or OHM64. When I am done I'll make a roundup of all the features. But don't expect this to be done in near future.

Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler »

version 0.3 - many improvements :D

- shift button
- preview clips
- assign channel A or B to clip
- choosing blend modes
- layer bypass & solo
- access clips in column 9-16
- "clip buffer" remembers on which slot, layer and deck clips are playing (blinking only when visible on the OHM64)
- blinking can be synced to BPM

TRT
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by TRT »

great work Tschoepler,

share the patch, i can't wait ;)

Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler »

Hey everyone,

As I got a lot to work on in the future I thought I'll release the patch as a private beta, kill minor bugs and then release it for everyone. Interested? Wright me a PM with your email.

Best,
J