multiple projectors & switchers

Bro, does your rig even lift?
beanspiral
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

multiple projectors & switchers

Post by beanspiral »

Hey there,
I need to use multiple projectors and multiple sources for an ongoing stage production and was wondering how to do the set up

I am running Avenue 3 for all the video and VJ content
I have one projector that is used for the edited stage videos, which i use Avenue to run.
However now I need to set up a second projector that will be used for ambient VJ projections on the roof of the building.

So I need some way of switching between the stage projector and roof projector, whilst still running it all in Avenue 3. What I would ultimately like would be when Im VJing on the roof, the 1st projector is on blackout. and then when I want to switch back to the stage projector I would like to be able to do it with out getting the horrid blue screen of death or glitching as the projectors change over

Does anyone know what kind of switcher or hardware I would use to make this as seamless as possible?

Thanks in advance for any help!

pleasuretek
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: multiple projectors & switchers

Post by pleasuretek »

If you have remotes for the projectors, most have a sleep function... that would be easiest and cheapest.

do you have a budget that allows you to rent something? A kramer fade to black switch comes to mind, don't know if they can switch 2 different outputs though. Might need a matrix switcher that outputs a black signal when inactive.. Seems like it would be easier to do with composite or s-vid if you can sacrifice the quality loss from VGA
Asus build - intel 2.8GHz T9600, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4670
Rack unit - intel 2.7GHz q6600, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR2, 9800GTX+, intensity HDMI input card

John McGeoch
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: multiple projectors & switchers

Post by John McGeoch »

Hi - I use a Analog Way seamless switcher - , but they are expensive ( removing the frequency sync glitch with computer signals seems to cost a lot! ) and they only switch between inputs and not outputs - like pleasuretek, i would probably use the sleep of freeze function of the projector - freeze is more instant - send a black signal to both projectors linked via a VGa multiple port, freeze them both, and then activate the one you are using at the time, remembering to freeze a new black signal when you switch each time. - It`s a pain that computer signals are so much harder to sync than video because of the multitude of frquencies and specs. best wishes John McGeoch