AKAI APC 40 and Resolume Avenue

Bro, does your rig even lift?
spaceman3
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: AKAI APC 40 and Resolume Avenue

Post by spaceman3 »

Hello everyone,

i'm pretty new to using the APC40, and i tried to read all the forums before posting, but i can't seem to find an answer. I know this topic is somewhat old by now, but i guess worth a shot anyways. I have been experiencing mapping issues with the APC 40, namely some buttons do not trigger the clips i assigned to them.

For example when i hit the first button in the top row (top left), for some reason it triggers the 4th clip in the bottom row. Likewise the first buttons of the third and fifth rows do this as well, even though i haven't mapped them to do so. I did get my APC 40 used, but even still many of the other buttons DO work, just a handful of them act strange. Just wondering if anyone had any answers...

Thanks so much to everyone here, you're information has helped me time and time again. Cheers.

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

Hi. I'm new with this old guy.
I'm reading this threat, but all said seems to be old too, since resolume is able to send some kind of data replication through midi out. Is that right? I was messing around with bome and those config files, but can't give me real feedback and ended up with random blinking lights.
I was mapping directly with resolume, and voila! Is all going pretty well.

So, I have a question.
Is there a way to translate just 'some' midi data?
I'm talking about use bome's translator, send all midi thru, but making some translation to change a light behaviour.
I know, have a poor english, so let me explain.
Is there a simple way to change the green light of running clip by a green blinking light?
or
Is there a way to maintain the resolume midi out data, and just invert some light behaviour?
I use to have some basic correction fx on each layer (levels, saturation, etc), and they are all bypassed for fps economy. If a clip need it, I turn on those fx with a single button.
Then, when I mapp this to apc, I have an inverse indication (Bypass - Light ON, Fx - Light OFF).
I don't need the christmas tree, just a light indication to know when some fx is turned on. Any chance of modification to change resolume midi out data? Isn't there some xml I've missed?

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by cvanhoose »

I am having issues.
I created all of my incoming triggers and outgoing actions for the APC40. Mostly lighting.
I can not figure out the routing for Arena.
BOMES:
MIDI input: APC40
MIDI output: APC40
In my midi router settings:
APC40 -------> Bomes MIDI Translator 1 Virtual out
Bomes MIDI Translator 1 Virtual in ---------> APC40

Arena midi prefs:
Bomes MIDI Translator IN/OUT

I can trigger Arena with the APC40, all buttons light up correctly.
My issue is when I select a clip in Arena with the mouse, it does not light up the APC40 (feedback)

Can someone please enlighten me? Need fresh eyes

Seth GZ
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Seth GZ »

Anyone have any templates in a xml file?