Multiple Screen not work!!!! HELP

Bro, does your rig even lift?
djdiego71
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Multiple Screen not work!!!! HELP

Post by djdiego71 »

Ok, now with my old system described on my last thread (the new is for one output projector), I setup two VGA Cards for 3 differente outputs. A 8500GT 512 Ram with main screen + one fullscreen oputput (layer 1), and a 9400GT 1GB ram with each full screen output (layer 2 & layer 3 respectly). OK, windows XP works fine with this setup, but Resolume 2.41 or Avenue not, with different issues:
Resolume 2.41, after setup the outputs, not work on any screen, but one screen have a lot of corrupted images (as a hardware error, bunch of point or lines), only deactiving one screen works (main screen + layer 1 + layer 2 for example).
Avenue not work, in any screen, with any config. After setup (for example) an large output (1920x480 for three layers distributed on 640x480 side by side) no have any image output. And preview show only layer 1 & layer 3 but not layer 2.
And another issue, when Avenue restart, all "mixing modes" disapear. Only show "Alpha" but "none" on the list. And "Alpha" is in yellow (text & background)
What is the problem? The video cards? the drivers? the program?
I try running two versions of resolume (2.41 & 2.3) at same time but only one program work fine.
All graphic cards are PCIe, I can add a 3th PCI card but first need to know where is the problem.
I need to work with three different outputs (PLASMAS for promotional flyers at the entrance hall, LCD for Price list at the bar and Plasmas for funny images at the dancefloor).

pleasuretek
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Multiple Screen not work!!!! HELP

Post by pleasuretek »

take the 8500 out of the machine as having that card in will slow the clocks of your faster card.. Sending the same texture across different video cards often causes problems (in some games at least). get a triplehead2go for the three screen output. Scale each layer to the size of each screen/projector (in thirds).

Best way to get more unique outputs with two cards is to use 2 triplehead2go connected to same graphics card and have the interface be output of another (best when matching) graphics card.

Maybe some things have changed too, last time I tried to get multiscreen that way was when the nVidia7950 was brand new and I got a pair...
Asus build - intel 2.8GHz T9600, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4670
Rack unit - intel 2.7GHz q6600, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR2, 9800GTX+, intensity HDMI input card

djdiego71

Post by djdiego71 »

If I replace the 8500GT for a 9500GT may work? I can aquire a triplehead2go at time for this week.... only have the new GPU from the new system to replace (and put the 8500GT there for the moment).

And why resolume 2.41 dont work if it not use texture mapping on the gpu????

djdiego71

Post by djdiego71 »

I replaced the 8500gt by the 9500gt but not work, and the rare issue is Avenue reuse to send image to multiple outputs using one single GPU with two outputs.
I try any imaginable config but nothing works.
HELP!!!

djdiego71

Post by djdiego71 »

OK, now in my new system, with 9500gt & 9400gt all works fine.
My old system has XP, but this new have Vista x64 Ultimate.