Dual channel performance

Bro, does your rig even lift?
jbl
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Dual channel performance

Post by jbl »

Hi,

I'm currently considering using Resolume for a dual channel video performance / installation.

I'm wondering what I'd need in order to use Resolume on a single laptop and have 2 different projections with two projectors. What kind of hardware would I need to go from 1 computer to two projectors displaying different material and how do you set that up in resolume?

Thanks.

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Dual channel performance

Post by Basic »

so you would like 2 different images on 2 different screens but running from the same laptop?

jbl

Post by jbl »

Indeed. They would be triggered by one or two instances of resolume, the midi messages will come from Max.

I know it's more than possible to have those images in max already with jitter but I had bad experience with jitter and real time triggering.. I believe resolume is faster and better... while been less versatile.. but since my clips will be pre-edited, I don't need the versatility of jitter.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

You'll need a TH2Go from Matrox to eneble your laptop to control more than one extra screen.
http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/th2go/
it's +- 280 euro but worth every penny of it.

jbl

Post by jbl »

Hmm this thing looks sweet. up to 3 sources in full hd...

but I'm wondering if there's something cheaper.. I doubt I'll ever need 3x full hd.

The dual head seems already closer to my needs but I was expecting cheaper than that.

Also, about resolume, does it support routing different tracks to different outputs? or do I need more than one instance of resolume running?

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by Basic »

yeah i was going to suggest this but was unsure as i dont have one. There are some cheaper versions. check vjforums as there has been a recent thread on this!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Also, about resolume, does it support routing different tracks to different outputs? or do I need more than one instance of resolume running?
You only need one instance of Resolume (I doubt if you can have two instances access the same output). You can create a twice as wide composition (in the case of a dualhead2go), and then using the layer properties, you can position layer 1 on the left side, and layer 2 on the right. That way any clips triggered will automatically appear on the correct output.

Hope that helps

Joris

jbl

Post by jbl »

That does help indeed. I wish there was a way to just route a track to a specific output.. but positioning a clip in the right half of my single, wider, display does the job.