Video in? Who has it working?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
yugpmoc
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Video in? Who has it working?

Post by yugpmoc »

I've got the right camera now, and a Win7 monster box to run everything. My next task is trying to figure out without spending thousands to buy then return things until I get one that works, is video in. I want 4-6 live video feeds (ntsc is fine) on separate layers, both from cameras and from my backup stream. I'm looking at some sort of Matrox MXO or a Blackmagic something so far. Are there other options? What's working for who now?

Thanks,
Y

DayVeeJay
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Video in? Who has it working?

Post by DayVeeJay »

Try a conopus advc-110 or advc-55. Quality is only ok but it will only cost you about a grand for 4-6 of them

yugpmoc

Post by yugpmoc »

Thanks, I just amazoned one of each. Does the 110 show up as a usable output in resolume? I'm not real familiar with how firewire out works...

Or not. Funny thing, Amazon won't send you toys when there's no money in your account. Perhaps next month. Freaking gas prices...
Last edited by yugpmoc on Tue May 24, 2011 18:35, edited 2 times in total.

DayVeeJay

Post by DayVeeJay »

Firewire is great! It's very reliable and generally doesnt require any drivers for capture cards and cameras. One cool feature about the Canopus TwinPact and advc110 (not sure if advc55 has it) is there are two firewire ports. Ive been able to use the same capture card on two different computers at the same time.

yugpmoc

Post by yugpmoc »

Results so far... (on a asus core i7 mb running win7U 64bit )

Blackmagic Intensity Pro PCIe internal card... Flawless fun, all the way up to HDMI!

I just read this http://www.resolume.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8153! I'd get another BM, but I'm out of slots...

Hauppauge 2250 dual svideo in (PCIe internal card...) Fruitless Frustration ): Especially with anything else capture wise. Have not given up yet, trying it alone in backup machine this week.

And the big shocker, Easy Cap, for 9$ on Amazon. USB svideo in. Works for about an hour then washes out to white. I suspect overheating. I'm going to skin it and slap a heat sink or two on the chips and see what happens. I have three of them, and they all fade to white. Can't unplug with resolume up or the machine will instantly reboot! Can only use one of them at a time in each machine, or I've not figured out how to get to the second one anyway... It does work with the Blackmagic.

Trying something firewire next...

-y-
Last edited by yugpmoc on Tue May 24, 2011 18:33, edited 1 time in total.

yugpmoc

Post by yugpmoc »

I really wish there existed a 4 input svideo capture device (card or firewire) that was usable by Resolume. Anyone have any of those security system cards working? Things are getting very busy in the back of my box.
IMG_1044SMALL.png
IMG_1044SMALL.png (484.89 KiB) Viewed 14379 times
IMG_1047SMALL.png
IMG_1047SMALL.png (537.51 KiB) Viewed 14379 times

DayVeeJay

Post by DayVeeJay »

I believe (i could be wrong) the security capture cards have a lower framerate per channel than a standard capture card.

Check out this company for low latency, multi-channel cards

http://www.datapath.co.uk

svoboda
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by svoboda »

hi, VisionRGB-E2s does work in Resolume 3, x

check this one?

yugpmoc

Post by yugpmoc »

Thanks for the links, I will check those out.

Just a quick update, I have a conopus advc-110 now, it also rocks. One gotcha, you do have to open settings and hit play inside resolume to get it going.

That win tv card I mentioned earlier seems useless for our application. I've never once gotten video capture to work with it.

The both of those cheap Easy Cap USB devices I mentioned have died...

gsbe
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by gsbe »

What devices are you using to get more than 1 simultaneous video stream into Resolume? Thanks