Multiple live inputs, which possibilities?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
NLS6XX
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Multiple live inputs, which possibilities?

Post by NLS6XX »

isikyakar wrote:Hey Nils, I'm wondering if you were able to successfully put a system together? I also am trying to bring multiple live streams into Resolume software since i'll then try and sync midi or osc to it. Haven't been able to figure out how to do this effectively and inexpensively any input would be welcome.

Thnaks.
No, not yet, I'm waiting to see some real life reviews on how the new retina Macbook Pro's will behave. SInce the addition of multiple Thunderbolt, USB3 and a HDMI, I'm guessing this will be change the game again.

asperi
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by asperi »

You can have 2 HD inputs on a laptop if you have one that has USB3 and an Express card slot. You can run a BMD intensity shuttle usb3 and Matrox MXo2mini in the express card. I have done this but returned the Matrox, it had too much delay for me, like a good second or more. Shuttle is ony a few frames, maybe a 1/2 second delay.

I built a PC i7 rack with 3 BMD intensity cards, Works good, very low delay.

--
Also if you are running live cams in, if they have component out you can get a cheap analog switcher and cut between them, running the output of the switcher into the analog component in of the Shuttle. I do this with 3 gopros 720p. Hdmi has too much delay when switching.

And it you just need SD you can always get a cheap usb2 capture card.

4eyes

Post by 4eyes »

Multiple capture cards is alright, but if you really want to use a laptop you should try one of these: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/product ... ionstudio/

Highly affordable for what you get.

Cheers.

CRGxxx
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: It multi BMD capture possible with Win and Mac.

Post by CRGxxx »

fruitygreen wrote:
NLS6XX wrote:Hmm, now that's a bummer. But anyway thank you guys for replying!

So since a Mac Pro is not an option price wise, I can guess I can forget mixing 2 camera's in Resolume.

Maybe I should limit myself to only 1 full HD stream in. I was wondering if the Blackmagic cards (i.e. Intensity Shuttle for Thunderbolt) would work with a Macbook Pro for that purpose? At least this would give me the opportunity to mix/switch in resolume one live camera with movies and overlays.

Would that work?

Greetz,
Nils
Do not be discouraged.
I got up to 8 BMD Intensity on Win 7
and 6 via Mac.

Your motherboard is the key to what you can do.
There might be some quirks with the drivers, but you can absolutely mix multi HD in both platforms
This sounds perfect for me.
So can I capture 5 hd streams form 5 intensity pro's and simultaneously output them to 5 slices and 5 outputs on an eyefinity???

Spectrum
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Spectrum »

We have two Black Magic Intensity Pro cards that word well togther and only 2% draw on the processor
Paul Linney
Spectrum VJ and DJ
www.spectrumdisco-dj.co.uk

lightbx

Post by lightbx »

BUMP

Many years later...has anyone successfully captured two feeds at the same time using two Intensity Thunderbolt Shuttles? On a Mid-2015 Retina Macbook Pro, in which it seems each Thunderbolt port has its own bus per this article: https://www.anandtech.com/show/6023/the ... -review/11

Both feeds are NTSC/480i/29.97 (video synths) so I'm not too worried about bandwidth. Would just like to hear a success story to boost my confidence.

SiNiSon

Post by SiNiSon »

Using BMD mini-recorders and two TB ports on a 2015 Macbook.. with dual 1080 SDI cams into resolume.. works fine

admiralperpetual

Post by admiralperpetual »

SiNiSon wrote:Using BMD mini-recorders and two TB ports on a 2015 Macbook.. with dual 1080 SDI cams into resolume.. works fine
can also report this works fine. though we used an expensive thunderbolt dock to add an extra port to a mac mini.