Missing info at minimum hardware on website.

Bro, does your rig even lift?
martie
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Missing info at minimum hardware on website.

Post by martie »

Hi,

I'm using Resolume 2 en 4 av for some months and I'm planning to get a new pc.
Your website is still missing some essential info. I noticed Resolume can really get annoyed by a slow CPU. Nowhere on the website is mentioned where or what kind of CPU is needed minimum, Quadcore? multithreaded? x64? Also chipset and memory are somewhat neglected.

One thing that really annoys me is some extra text for Recommended hardware as you can read on on some system requirements. This would really help me and others too.

So my question is: Can you please update the minimum requirements and add an extra bar with recommended hardware?

Basic
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Missing info at minimum hardware on website.

Post by Basic »

I think generally when buying a new computer you should get the best you can. With Resolume, having a great Video card can make all the difference. Also a fast harddrive.

what do you have in mind? vjing in a club? Specific projects? - this is a good place to start :)
Resolume Avenue 3.3.3 - MBP i7, 8gb RAM - Snow Leopard (2010). Akai APC20

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

martie wrote:I noticed Resolume can really get annoyed by a slow CPU.
Martie, a slow CPU can be a drawback only in R2 and earlier versions.
From R3 till today, GPU is the main worker.
I've tried Arena on my i7 laptop, full charge (I mean, big comp + six layers + effects, etc), gives me a 20% cpu peak.

From I undestand, nobody knows about a proper hardware configuration.
A 'good' gpu on any new machine just do the work.
(You're right, hard drive can be a bottleneck, memory bandwidth on graphic card is a care factor, single gpu cards seems to be better, and so on...)
welcome to the forums ;)

martie
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by martie »

Thanks for welcoming me here.

I'm going to use a desktop to VJ in a student union. We have 800 members so we have a pretty large audience ;)
Our old VJpc used version 2.41 and we now have version 4.1. Only that pc can't handle it anymore and is producing a lot of BSOD's (while VJing).

That pc had a dual core with 50% usage on Resolume 4. So that's why i'm asking this question.
That pc was a Asus P5B with Intel core 2 duo 6300 with a Gforce 7300Gs and has about pc has 4g ram on WinXP.

Now I found a pc MSI K9N Neo V2 with kingston 4gb and an Amd Athlon dual core 5050e x2 2.6ghz only I need to figure out if that videocard ( GF7300Gs) is good enough... resolume 4 has problems with 800x600 or higher.

So the speed of the whole program is only related to the GPU? So that means I need a new one?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Gforce 7300Gs
The few things we can say about minimum requirements is in the FAQ, and there it mentions that anything below a GeForce 8600 is not going to cut it: www.resolume.com/support, scroll down to the 'what's the best ... for Resolume?' section.