custom building system - advice

Bro, does your rig even lift?
mikekay
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

custom building system - advice

Post by mikekay »

Hi there. I will soon be building a custom PC for use with Resolume Arena Media Server.

Rackmount 4U case
High wattage PS
i7 Intel Processor
Asus sytem board - which one still to be decided
8 GB Patriot Ram
SSD system drive
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit
Black Magic Intensity pro for video input
Akai MPD 32 controller
midi, DMX, and possibly SMPTE to resolume for control

Comes down to video card now. I would REALLY like to use a multi-output graphics card and have some questions regarding this. Can you run multiple graphics cards with Resolume? So like 2, 4 output cards?

On multi-output graphic cards can you control individually what is going to that output? So for instance, could I send one video stream to output 1 and 2, then a separate stream to output 3 and then again a separate stream to output 4?

I am planning on doing a lot of projector mapping, one of the main reasons I am interested in Resolume. In this case I would have different images mapped to different outputs hooked up to separate projectors aimed at items on the stage.

Any advice or comments would be most appreciated.

santinotron
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: custom building system - advice

Post by santinotron »

Im building my self a pc and i was wondering if someone could tell me if im choosing a right config for high-end performances with up to three projectors with video mapping

Thanks guys

RAM memory: P33-7308 ::Patriot Viper 3 Intel Extreme Masters 4 x 8GB, PC3-15000, 1866MHz

Hard Drive: O261-6409 ::OCZ VTX4-25SAT3-256G Vertex 4 256GB Solid State Drive - 256GB, SATA III

Graphics card:ASUS HD7970-DC2-3GD5 AMD Radeon HD 7970 Video Card - 3GB, GDDR5, AMD Radeon HD 7970, PCI Express 3.0, DVI, Display Port, 1x HDMI, DirectX 11

Motherboard: G452-1041 ::GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD5 AMD 9 Series Motherboard - ATX, Socket AM3+, AMD 990FX Chipset, 2000MHz DDR3 (O.C.), SATA 6.0 Gb/s, RAID, 7.1-CH Audio, Gigabit LAN, SuperSpeed USB 3.0, CrossFireX/SLI Ready

CPU: A79-8350 ::AMD FD8350FRHKBOX FX-8350 Eight-Core 4GHz AM3+ Processor - AM3+, Eight-Core, 4GHz, 16MB, 125W, Unlocked

bildwerk
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by bildwerk »

hey,

personally, im a fan of nvidia graphic cards.
our system:
Windows7 Professional x64
Intel i7-3930K
Asus P9X79 DELUXE Mainboard
32GB RAM
128GB SSD for Windows and Resolume
60GB SSD for Clips
4TB Raid0 for other files
2x Zotac Nvidia Gforce GTX 560 Ti with 1GB VideoRAM per Card - with sli connector in place and sli multimode active!
2x Blackmagic intensity pro

Works very well with up to 9 outputs via tripleheads but i plan to change the gfx cards to newer models soon.

I can just recommend you, that you read the motherboards compatibility sheet 3 times before you buy and just use components that are listed there.

best, bildwerk

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

me too... I'm owning two systems. One with AMD (7970) and one with a Nvidia card (GTX580). And I must say....there is no hassle with the Nvidia Card compared with the AMD.

Greetz
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Tecno`
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Tecno` »

I would also recommend Nvidia cards. I have had a much better experience with Nvidia over ATI and I also find Catalyst much less intuitive than the Nvidia drivers.

With the 670, 680 GTX cards you can use all four outputs at the same time and then add TH2Go(s) if you want as well.

My machine is the following spec's and has had no issues running large compositions across multiple screens.

Core i7 3930K
Asus P9X79 Pro
16GB RAM
NVidia GTX 680
OCZ Vertex 4 SSD 128GB (System Drive)
OCZ Agility 3 256GB (Resolume footage Drive)
3TB Seagate (Storage Drive)
Blackmagic Intensity Pro
Win7 64bit

Tim