Resolume 2.4 beta now available!

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
bart
Team Resolume

Resolume 2.4 beta now available!

Post by bart »

Finally a new Resolume version comes scorching from the heat of our headquarters in The Hague, Holland. As previously announced we are now releasing a beta version of Resolume 2.4. With some exciting new features and massive speed improvements, this version is smokin!

BPM Clock
With the BPM clock in Resolume it is very easy so synchronise video clips to the tempo (Beats Per Minute) of the music. By setting the the video clips in BPM mode the speed of the clips is automatically adjusted to fit in any number of beats. The BPM clock can be set manually or can be linked to an external Midi clock.

With this function your visuals are so easily synchronised to the beat of the music! The BPM clock can also be used to drive effect parameters and to have them play synchronised to the music.

Checkout the BPM clock chapter in the manual for instructions.

DMX
DMX can be used to control Resolume but also to send DMX signals from flash movies playing in Resolume. This enables you to integrate your visuals and video with lights, strobes, lasers, moving heads, LED panels and any other device that is DMX compatible. DMX signals can be send via Artnet over a computer network or via USB with the Enttec DMX USB Pro Interface.

Check out the DMX chapter in the manual for instructions.

Speed improvements
We took some extra time to totally dissect the Resolume engine and Edwin was able to improve the playback speed dramatically, with one layer playback framerates can be up to 80% faster and running multiple layers can be up to 10-20% faster. So if you were thinking about switching from 320x240 to 640x480 now is the time to try it out.

Other improvements & changes
- Effects now have a little feedback button, use this in combination with the opacity slider to directly apply feedback to an effect.
- The layer opacity can now be animated just like an effect parameter, it just looks slightly different because all the buttons are vertically aligned.
- The FFT audio analyser is much more accurate, it could even be usefull on drumm 'n bass music ;-)
- Freeframe plugins can be in different subdirectories, all subdirectories below the plugins folder are scanned and placed in different categories
- Capture driver list can be refreshed to be able to access camera's that have been connected after having started Resolume. This is convenient because you might forget to turn on your camera before starting Resolume.
- Freeframe internal parameter range has been changed to 0-511. Especially when animating parameters this is a good improvement. Animation will be more fluent and accurate.
- Decks, settings and recorded files are now stored in the directory ~/My Documents/Resolume 2.4/ this is to facilitate environments where the user does not have administrator rights. (manly schools)
- There is no longer a 15-day trial period. The output is now watermarked every 2 minutes with the Resolume logo so you can practice as long as you like.
- New FreeFrame effects: Heat It Up, Delay Mask, Brightness RGB & more!

Our private beta testers are very happy with this version but we decided to call it beta just to be on the safe side.

Price change
On september 1rst we are going to raise the price of Resolume from 199 to 229 Euro so get it while it's cheap!

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

top work matey, having a look now!!!!

hmmm..... maybe im doing something wrong but....

1) when using channel switch, no matter if i set it to 1 bar, 1/2 bar, 1/4 bar it goes the same speed

2) it does audio detection, it can follow a tapped bpm or midi clock, but it cant detect bpm on its own.

3) does the channel switcher actually switch (as the name would suggest - ie: on/off), or just fade

will keep playing....

"channel switch" works at different speeds on individual channels, but not on opacity layers for faders.

wheres the "mixer" and "timeswitcher" gone ?

VJair

Post by VJair »

ok, i have the layer opacity doing an on off pattern now..... but im assuming the channel switcher doesnt actually switch channels at all, just alters the playback speed or opacity level?

could i suggest renaming it to "parameter switcher" or something like that.... to me the name implies that it changes which channel is playing within that layer, but i dont seem to be able to get it to do that.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

channel switch is used to quantisize your manual clip triggering to beats, so if you trigger a clip it will wait untill the 1st beat (1/4 bar) or 1/2 bar or 1 bar and then show the clip, note that this only workd with clips whose timeline was set to bpm mode.

VJair

Post by VJair »

ahh, so that confirms, its NOT a channel swithcher, its a video synchroniser, gutted.... been waiting for that feature :(

VJair

Post by VJair »

ok, looks like its back to the red sound bpm detector and rm1x for me.

does seem to run smoother on playback though.

can decks be exported yet?

(i'd like to say that im not trying to be negative here)

BlaCK_ErrOR
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by BlaCK_ErrOR »

is there a posibility to have a midi out in de 2.4 version ?

emendi
Is taking Resolume on a second date

If you could only see the smile on my face now guys...:)

Post by emendi »

Finally!

Cant wait for my next event, promise a full detailed review soon.

Any chance to see an OSX version in the future?

Keep on the good job.

Emendi.

VJWraith

Post by VJWraith »

Fuc%*# Sweeeeet! Thanks guys! Ahhh the very same day UPS drops off my new video card switch. You know that part from Voltron back in the day when all the lions came together? I feel like that only better.:cool:
Rock on guys!
VJWraith
Calgary Alberta
kmaloney380@hotmail.com

VJWraith

Post by VJWraith »

Now that I am done giggling like a school girl, when does the beta phase end?