[FIXED] problems with the decks

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
DJART
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

[FIXED] problems with the decks

Post by DJART »

Hi bart, the new version is very fun, but i have a problem.

I try to copy the decks of the version 2.3 and paste to the the folder of the new version, and don`t work.

how can i do to resolve the problem

thanks, dj art

[Edited on 24-7-2006 by DJART]

[Edited on 25-7-2006 by bart]

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Did you copy them to the new location?

~/My Documents/Resolume 2.4/decks

tim.krieger

Post by tim.krieger »

I had the same problem.
However, I could open the decks in the file browser manually, and then save them again as new deck. took quite some time, but worked for me..
hope it helps you!

DJART

Post by DJART »

ok. it`s work, it`s alive,thanks Bart.

dj art

VjSky
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by VjSky »

Originally posted by tim.krieger
I had the same problem.
However, I could open the decks in the file browser manually, and then save them again as new deck. took quite some time, but worked for me..
hope it helps you!
Pls explain yourself a bit more.... open and save within Resolume or??

And I have a problem with using res 2.4 decks in res 2.3, dey simply won't work at all...

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

hi VjSky,
deck files will show up in the filebrowser. So when you navigated with the filebrowser to the place where you stored your older decks you can load them just like you would load files. This is how it used to work in version 1.5.

Decks are not backwards compatible, so you can't load 2.4 decks in 2.3.
This is normal behaviour because the older versions of resolume don't know what todo with the extra info stored in the newer decks.
Compare it with flash or other tools, Try loading a flash 8 .fla file in flash 6.

Cheers
Edwin

VjSky

OK

Post by VjSky »

Ok, I know what are you talking about, a deck is a collection of Tobjects in delphi and then each clip has its own collection of properties ...and data is read in groups, if u add some more options, you change the offset and data becomes inaccurate...and so on..I konw that, but forgot that there are those new settings about bpm and so on.

Its all working fine now, thanks ;)

And do u plan to release the structure of a deck so maybe we can work on a simple deck editor or something....I hate not being able to change some things like not being able to change filenames...

[Edited on 24-8-2006 by VjSky]

juLiE

decks tab not refreshing

Post by juLiE »

Originally posted by tim.krieger
I had the same problem.
hope it helps you!
"Decks" tab is *not refreshing* when you click on the "All listing" arrow - meaning if you add your 2.3 decks while running resolume 2.4, and click "All listing" arrow to refresh list, they do not appear. ONLY when you exit the 2.4 pgm and restart it will they appear. so i don't think it was really necessary for you to re-save 2.3 decks *from* 2.4, or did restarting not work?

also i tested this on both a shuttle & laptop with different "my documents" location settings, and at first i thought it had to do with using symbolic links (junction link magic), but was soon to discover it was simply not "refreshing" while in run mode, where as 2.3 did refresh in run mode.

p.s. edwin - will 'saving of decks' location change again with fixes/upgrades or is this it for now on?

again, thanx for all yours and barts (& others?) hardwork :-)
bises-peace-olah, juLiE

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

vjsky,
in the future we want to release the structure of the decks and save them in .xml format. A deck editor would be a usefull tool and some people would like to have more control over their decks.

julie,
we don't refresh the deck list once resolume is running, and that is the case in any version we had untill now. This is has todo with stability. So the deck tab indeed is not refreshing.
The only way is to move your deck files and restart resolume.

You don't need to resave your decks decks from version 2.4 and older will be shown in the deck list. If not let me know because then you found a bug ;-)

The location of the saved decks will stay like this. We moved it to 'my documents' because it's just the way most programs work and the main issue is that non-admin users (espcially students at school) can now create and save new decks. All has todo with permissions.

Cheers
Edwin

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

Originally posted by edwin
julie,
we don't refresh the deck list once resolume is running...The only way is to move your deck files and restart resolume.
gosh, why did i think 2.3 did refresh? sorry and thanx.
You don't need to resave your decks decks from version 2.4...;-)
yeah, knew that, just advising other person based on their post. :-)
The location of the saved decks will stay like this. We moved it to 'my documents' because it's just the way most programs work and the main issue is that non-admin users (espcially students at school) can now create and save new decks. All has todo with permissions.
gotcha and sorry for asking; read change log after the fact. ;-)
thanx for replying.
Cheers
Edwin
bises-peace-olah, juLiE