[fixed] (midi controllers) bpm beats: active layer

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
juLiE
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

[fixed] (midi controllers) bpm beats: active layer

Post by juLiE »

first of all, thanx for quickly releasing 2.4 final and the hardwork again (and thanx for addressing my previous posts)!

ok, just 1 thing and of course it may be my PC setup again:

if i understand correctly, the midi controller "bpm beats: active layer" allows you to make the active clip that is normally "playing", switch to play in "bpm" mode, yes/no? if "yes", then it doesn't work for me.

when i do hit my midi button, i notice temporarily some quirky flashing of the icons, as if it wants to make 'bpm' active, but nothing happens, the clip just continues to play normal. also, i made sure "pause" was not on and that "bpm" (w/keyboard) was set ahead of time (thus if i manually click 'bpm' icon with mouse, it works).

*other midi functions work fine with my setup, just not this one.*
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
using pen tablet aiptek 6000U with 'tablet 2 midi' software (demo of http://www.livelab.dk).

p.s. love alpha luma/new wipes: corners/zoomswitch, but my fave is still "squares", thanx! ;-)

bises-peace-olah, juLiE

[Edited on 21-9-2006 by bart]

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

to set the timeline in bpm mode you can not use a controller you need to use a midi note and it,s called Toggle timelne/audio/bpm: active layer

the bpm beats: active layer controller is used to set the number of beats a clip should play in.

we know the midi configuration of resolume is not the best in the world ;-)

[Edited on 21-9-2006 by bart]

juLiE

it works, thanx!

Post by juLiE »

ah, ok, there is a "toggle timeline..." note for this - didn't notice it - thanx, it works now! :-)

the midi configuration thingie is new for me and took me some 'trial & error' time to figure it out (along w/software & tablet), but overall i don't think your res. midi config. is all that bad - maybe you just need to provide some basic instructions/examples? ;-)

overall my midi setup is working using both 'controllers' & 'other notes'. however, there is a strange behaviour that i've yet to figure out whereas when i assign a midi note to a button, resolume assigns it an octive note above the one i set (A1 chosen on button makes res. set it to A2) - yet it works....shit, laptop about to die, will re-clarify this soon...

bises-peace-olah, juLiE

juLiE

found midi other notes issue pattern? maybe...

Post by juLiE »

real quick and mainly for my setup:

[please note: res. 'other notes' & tablet2midi do not sync(?): thus if i set my button as note number 'A0', res. registers it as 'A1' (an octive above?) - it does this for all; A1 becomes A2, A3 becomes A4, etc.]

overall midi seemed to be working even though i had some strange behaviour issues at times that i had not mentioned because i thought i was misunderstanding the midi interface of res. with tablet2midi.

maybe i'm still confused, but i've spent a long time tonight doing trial & error and have FINALLY come across a consistent issue pattern (at least for my setup).

for "midi mapping/other notes", avoid using -1 or 0 (zero) numbers (assigned number notes, not referring to channel) or preferably use sharps (ex: A0# instead of A0). now when referring to channel numbers, avoid channel 1 (i set mine to 4 for midi notes (noticed under "active channel notes" last tab was '3', so chose '4' just in case) and 2 for controllers).

gosh i hope this holds true for me...will let you know, gotta run, 2 gigs, rushrushrush...

bises-peace-olah, juLiE

[Edited on 21-9-2006 by juLiE]

[Edited on 21-9-2006 by juLiE]

prox_emics
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by prox_emics »

would you mind sharing your tablet 2 midi and resolume setup julie? as i am trying to use tablet 2 midi with resolume but cannot get it to work. im assuming i need some type of midi emulation, correct?...thanks

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

hi prox_emics

sorry, haven't been on forum for a long time...and i didn't "receive email on reply" even though i check marked the box.

do you still need help on this or have you resolve it by now? been using mine for past gigs, works well. and yeah, for midi emulation you need the maple drivers, just download their manual, it explains how to set it up and what you need.

(email me if necessary)
bises-peace-olah, juLiE