Crossfader

Bro, does your rig even lift?
pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Crossfader

Post by pfelberg »

Hi to everyone.

I have a question concerning the React´s crossfader.
I usually have a different crossfader position for each layer, according to the desired mixing effect.
On React, I guess that first I must select a layer and then set the crossfader to the desired level. This is Ok, but...
Let´s say that I have layer A set to 50%. Then I select layer B and set it to 80%. What happens when I get back to layer A? Will the crossfader automatically reset itself to 50% as set before to layer A?

thanks

Paulo

movebandit
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by movebandit »

No.You´ll get a Parameter jump when moving the Fader, because the Fader is not motorized and sends asbolute and not incremental Data.
Its better to do those Parameter Changes by an incremantal Knob on the React. The Crossfader is more for fast Cuts. I usually use it only on Layer 3 for fast cut effects (its faster than working with the bypass function).

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by pfelberg »

Thanks for your reply, Bandit.
Only now I realize that there are knobs for the alpha value for each layer. Exactly as It should be.

Paulo

jim
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by jim »

it also looks a lot more rock N roll then turning a knob :)
Originally posted by movebandit
No.You´ll get a Parameter jump when moving the Fader, because the Fader is not motorized and sends asbolute and not incremental Data.
Its better to do those Parameter Changes by an incremantal Knob on the React. The Crossfader is more for fast Cuts. I usually use it only on Layer 3 for fast cut effects (its faster than working with the bypass function).