resolume new version ? when ?

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
zaniz
Is taking Resolume on a second date

resolume new version ? when ?

Post by zaniz »

new version of resolume? when? multicore? opengl? directX 10?
it will cost more? or just update?

thanks for the great program ! but we need more ! more !
news please !

gerely
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by gerely »

Originally posted by zaniz
new version of resolume? when? multicore? opengl? directX 10?
it will cost more? or just update?

thanks for the great program ! but we need more ! more !
news please !
I think the support of multi-threading is the most important thing nowdays.
The multicore (dual-, or even quadcore) CPUs are becomeing more and more popular (since they're getting more and more cheaper).

zaniz

Post by zaniz »

agree !

giorgiomartini

Post by giorgiomartini »

yes , we need , customizable UI , to use the whole screen with big resolutions , extensible via python or other , timeline, non drop frame recording , master opacity and fx , more effects per layer , automation clips for live and playlist mode ( like dummy clips in ableton live ) ....

i love resolume but...

zaniz

Post by zaniz »

yeah !!! resolume rules !!! but more speed will be welcome !

GuruMeditation
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by GuruMeditation »

Yes a new version soon would be great...
I don't understand why Resolume is so looong to upgrade or even to correct bugs...
A lot of new software very powerfull are coming out, The Mac is about to be THE VJing machine (with software like Modul8 or VDMX). Resolume MUST innovate NOW (and not into DMX or even function only used by a minority) or it will simply die, like Motion Dive...

I hope that the Resolume team is concious about that... We don't need T-Shirt or footage !

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

Don,t worry, we are working very hard on Resolume AND we have two amazing freelance programmers on the job, so it will be well worth the wait!

If you would all buy more footage and t-shirts we can hire even more people ;-)

*trying to suppress itchy fingers that could spoil too much*

[Edited on 4-12-2007 by bart]

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

hey bart its ok, we know it must be a big burden having all these secrets about the next version of resolume... so if you need someone to confide in... im always a good listener.... lol and if your catholic.... we can call it confession...

cznickesz

Re: resolume new version ? when ?

Post by cznickesz »

Hi all,

I personally must say, that i am quite pissed about the massive waiting time since the last update (released in may 2007, i think).

that version hasn´t been a choice for long livesets, as i never got it up and running as good as the 2.4 beta, which therefor has some lack of features i really liked in 2.41.

so it´s nearly a year now since the last version which actually made me drop resolume as my main vjtool and switch to a macbased setup. (though the updates over here are as rare as in reso universe.)

just to say it loud and clear: I paid for this tool (two licenses!!), and i wish there would at least some minor updates, so that i can use it as i expected to do instead of reading about new t-shirts, footage i don´t need and yet another language, the manual is translated to.

i´m really wondering about the fact, that no one else is complaining about the looooong wait for a new version. aren´t you guys interested in getting new features you missed for so long? (like multiscreen- support, multiple effects per layer and positioning/rotating/scaling as a non- effectslotbocking feature?)

sorry to be so hard, but think, someone has to say the truth!

for now i dump my reso- installment and check out some other possibilities to get the mix done...

cheers, c

bart
Team Resolume

Re: resolume new version ? when ?

Post by bart »

We feel more then enough pressure, like I said, we are working with two extra programmers on Resolume 3 and when we release it you,ll know why it took a while.

About the footage, you might not need it but a LOT of other people do, and the extra revenue it generates helps us to contract more programmers so it's helping us instead of slowing us down.