dominating video color to DMX (Flash?)

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

dominating video color to DMX (Flash?)

Post by Rene »

I was just wondering how many VJs are interested in controlling also lighting equipment like scanners, moving heads and PARs, etc.? It would be interesting to use the PARs and scanners of a club to "support" the videos. For example something like Philips "Ambilight". Changing the color of the lighting equipment according to the dominating color of the video. :!: Did anybody do this before? Any ideas how this could be done?

I was thinking about Resolume's DMX capabilities (btw. will Resolume support DMX in V3?)

I think there are two approaches:
1) If it's possible to send video to Flash: Use ActionScript and send some DMX to an external DMX controller.

2) probably the better: could a FreeFrame plugin "read" the video-output data and send some MIDI or DMX (or something else?) to a (software) DMX controller?

Looking forward to some ideas!
Rene

movebandit
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: dominating video color to DMX (Flash?)

Post by movebandit »

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2910
I already started to discuss this. But no solution yet.
i think you can do this with a second laptop and E:Cue. but the problem is latency.. perhaps 200-500ms

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: dominating video color to DMX (Flash?)

Post by Rene »

Thanks for the links! I think the best way is a hardware based "S-Video in" to "DMX out" device. But I think such a device does not exist.

What about a directshow filter in the filter chain of resolume's output windows (is this possible?) and then utilize ArtNet to send DMX signals to a DMX software controller? Has someone experience with MoMoLight?