Recording

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Immael
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Recording

Post by Immael »

It is not bug but I can’t find record button like in 2.41 version. Is there any way how could I record output video? (directly in the resolume)

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Recording

Post by VJair »

"Some Resolume 2 features will not be implemented in Resolume 3: Recording (we have a much better plan for this in the future)"

milh

Post by milh »

How about that plan?

krallik

Post by krallik »

I hope that reason why is not in R3 so importat record button, is not that they want to sell some HW / SW, which will do this. Record button is one of most basic function of resolume - without it, its useless soft for me.

serik
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by serik »

i really doubt that they plan to make money out of a record function.

but maybe they have great plans which will take some time ... i always dream about some kind of logging function where essentially all the things the user do are beeing recorded and after a session you can "render" it. if this would be possible you could set a constant framerate and other stuff for the rendering ... but well, this is only my dream i think. :)

Rene
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Rene »

serik wrote:i always dream about some kind of logging function where essentially all the things the user do are beeing recorded and after a session you can "render" it.
Would be nice. But how to handle live cams?

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

serik wrote:i always dream about some kind of logging function where essentially all the things the user do are beeing recorded and after a session you can "render" it.
This is what we dream about too, especially combined with a sequencer where you can make some changes after your recording to fine tune it and then render a perfect movie.
Rene wrote: Would be nice. But how to handle live cams?
Exactly, there are some "gotchas" to this approach.

We are actually a bit surprised by how many people miss the live record function in Resolume 3, we thought most people did not like it because it does not always render a perfectly timed movie, it often misses frames.

But because so many of you seem to miss the record we might have to think about putting it back in the way it was in Resolume 2. Stuff for debate ;-)

johnwhy

Post by johnwhy »

hey Bart,

I'll join the debate by saying avenue isn't complete for me until I can render/record output and it can handle flash files... whilst I love the new features it needs to do what we all got used to with resolume...!!!!

Also any ideas on how these are progressing...? I use a DAW called Reaper and they add features on a weekly basis - and it's a fully functioning prog not a beta version...

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

johnwhy wrote:I'll join the debate by saying avenue isn't complete for me until I can render/record output and it can handle flash files... whilst I love the new features it needs to do what we all got used to with resolume...!!!!
Bug fixes, Flash and Audio FFT are our main priority right now and we are working as hard as we can.

gegenlicht

Post by gegenlicht »

I also miss the record function for being able to save clips rendered with slightly different setting or effects and i must say that these renderings often help you to find your own taste in motiongraphics... For me testing effects live and recording has been helpfull to find out what i want to create in after effects etc...

Flash is also very important to me because of its great possibilities in 3d and generative art... it has been my aproach to mix this type of content with unedited camera footag/timelapse etc... but i must say the nice smooth blending modes in resolume impressed me a lot! The perfomence boost is that great that i might try out more stuff with shorter clips and more effects. On my laptop it not the highest framerate ever (~30 -40 frames) but there are no lags only if in knowingly use clips that are too long or have a too high resolution... my performence ups and downs from resolume2 seem to be a thing of the past...

Therefor im satisfied. :)

Take your time with Flash :> as3 fft support at high frames... :D Im so glad to here that its a main goal! In fact the only reason im writing this on a windows laptop is that resolume2 had flash fft support and modul8 did not.. ;)

cheerz
blinded by lights