running two videocards, no output on secondary

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
aequidens
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

running two videocards, no output on secondary

Post by aequidens »

I'm trying to get output on my secondary videocard, but it remains black.

My system has a geforce 8800gtx and a 7100gs, running the 182.08 driver on windows XP. When I hook up a screen to the 7100, resolume outputs nothing to it, output to the secondary 8800 screen works fine.

I tested dragging some game windows onto the 7100 from the 8800 without any performance loss, which leads me to believe it can be used as an extra output for the 8800, without using its own slow chip at all. These were however direct3d applications, so I don't know if this same functionality can be found in opengl.

I previously tested the same with a 7800gtx as secondary videocard, rendering the same results.

HerrNieDa
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: running two videocards, no output on secondary

Post by HerrNieDa »

would be interesting if it works with 2 identic graphic cards and pci-e bus
anyone has a sli system? does it work with resolume? and are 2 tv-out generally possible in sli mode?
MainSys: Z77 UP5,3570K,32GB Ram,GTX 285, M3 128GB,4x3TB R5@LSI9750
VJSys 1: 990FX UD5,X6 1045T,16GB Ram,GTX970+610+610,M3 128GB,3x1TB R0
MBP 3.1; Schenker A102 (650m) & P702 (675m)

scottvjguy

Post by scottvjguy »

Wish there was more info here . Im pretty much committed to purchasing Avenue for first use at a show tomorrow. With the new GPU hardware accelerated video I can run my first HD show on 2x 50in LCDs. I will have dual Nvidia 9800, 600gbRAID and AMD X2 system and may want to split the feed from one card out to the LCDs and try to go out to a projector from the second card. Anyway I can split the feed from one card so im not worried about the TVs but im wondering how much will resolume take advantage of the SLI setup ? By default will I get all the extra power of my second card to aid in the HW accelerated video codec action ?

cat
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by cat »

I wouldnt reccomend buying software the day before a gig unless you like living dangerously, maybe you'll be lucky and it will all go smoothly, maybe it'll crash every few minutes, you just don't know!

scottvjguy

Post by scottvjguy »

Well I was testing the free version for a while so I had a set up that should have worked fine . There was a complication with the Screens at the club tho and they weren't set up for HD at the board so I had to set up beside the stage and one screen would only take an RGB feed >:|, using another type of connection seemed to prevent me from outputting the second full screen output. In the end I played different sources on each screen.
In combo with the Deco everything looked great. I had zero crashes, and my newly rendered 720p HD clips looked sweet.
Glad to see the 3.0.1 update now , I did run into a few of those fixed bugs :)

As for SLI . I am disappointed to say that there is a very bad and unadvertised limitation to SLI, and that is that when turned on you are limited to only one monitor output ! Crappy
So I did purchase an identical NV9800gt that I may try to return because any games I have play just fine at high settings with just the one 9800.

If anyone knows a way around this issue of SLI limiting me to one screen output I would love know.

Avenue is sick ! The new UI and beat looping tools are amazing and it can just keep taking the effects , it feels endless .

Vj Guy

aequidens

Post by aequidens »

Sli only supports monitors attached to one card http://www.slizone.com/object/sli_multi_monitor.html, you can turn off sli and run them as seperate cards, which would make your situation similar to mine, I'd like to know if anyone has gotten it to work with multiple cards.

pleasuretek
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by pleasuretek »

Only having one card output has always been a restriction of SLI as you are using two cards as one. Also with modern nVidia cards (8600 or newer) you can dedicate the second card for physics and have 4monitor output.
Asus build - intel 2.8GHz T9600, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4670
Rack unit - intel 2.7GHz q6600, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR2, 9800GTX+, intensity HDMI input card