DXV codec

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
cat
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

DXV codec

Post by cat »

I compressed a bunch of movies to dxv using compressor in osx, they play fine in osx, but display as glitch in windows. I've tried on 2 machines and reinstalled r3, quicktime, and then the codec, shall I email you one?
Also how are you getting along with the deck changing slow downs, I've promised myself I'm not going to buy it until I think its gig worthy, and thats the clincher at the moment...

cat
Attachments
glitch.JPG
glitch.JPG (42.47 KiB) Viewed 9574 times

edwin
Team Resolume

Re: DXV codec

Post by edwin »

Hi cat, yes please send us one of those files. What resolution is the file, i seems a bug pointing in that direction. Oh and yes i need to know the model of your video card. NVIDIA and Ati work differently in this case.
We haven't tested 'compressor' yet with the DXV codec, could you try exporting the same clip with another tool and see wether it makes a difference?

cat

Post by cat »

Does the file work for you then?

allume
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by allume »

I'm having the same problem.
the file will act in that way thtough resolume.
if I play it in vlc will do fine.
myspace.com/vj_allume
alluvionemediatica.it

cat

Post by cat »

I've been informed that this is because the settings in the compressor were set to none square pixels and that it should be alright when set to square, I haven't had a chance to test this yet though, and if it is the case the codec should really be written to ignore pixel aspect ratio as photojpg does. Doesnt explain why they work in osx but not xp either...

cat

Post by cat »

OK this does seem to fix it, I've set the droplet to scale to 720x576 square pixels, previously it was doing no scaling ( the source is 720x576 mjpgs)
Attached is the droplet, double click or drag and drop files to it, I presume you need compressor installed...
Attachments
DXV2.zip
(606.94 KiB) Downloaded 638 times

digital:snot

Post by digital:snot »

i had this problem on some clips and can confirm that the problem is that all files that glitch out this way were running non-square pixels ... in After Effects i switched the comp settings for "pixel aspect ratio" from :"D1/DV ntsc (0.9)" to "square pixels" and re rendered them and they are all fine now.