Large HD video files seem corrupt.

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
ni-cad
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Large HD video files seem corrupt.

Post by ni-cad »

Hi.

I'm not facing a major problem but it would be nice to know whats causing this and weather or not this is some kind of limitation.

I have a long (5 min) 1080p avi, I need to work with three such sized clips simultainiuosly running for much longer than 5 min's, the avi seems to load completely, but is missing approximatily half it's content, when it's played it 's obvious that the file has become corrupted from about half way through.

Is this caused by unusally long clips? or large file sizes? The footage was eddited in After effects and then rendered in the normal way using Pic video compression, when played back in After Effects there is no sign of any corruption.

I can post a small section of the clip and a log file if you like?
Attachments
2009-07-26_142704.png
2009-07-26_142704.png (95.5 KiB) Viewed 6536 times

edwin
Team Resolume

Re: Large HD video files seem corrupt.

Post by edwin »

Please do send us a small portion of the file. Is the audio the only part that is missing or also video. It might have something wether the file is mono or stereo. But we can only know for sure if we have the file ourselves.

ni-cad

Post by ni-cad »

I just discovererd if I split the actual file using a file splitter then the resuling splits don't play at all, I don't think I'm going to be able to send it to you unless you can download 3.5 g?

The clip (where it appears flat in the pic) is actually just looping a single frame, I've seen this happen before now I come to think of it, the file is an AVI thats been converted from an HD - EVO VC-1 to H264 then again to Mpeg/AVI.

It's not vital that I use clips this large, but it struck me as something that might be handy to know, I don't think the file is corrupt at all before it's loaded, I thought it might be a ram limitation but I have ample room on my drives to handle a 3.5 gig file.

What shal I do, just leave it for now?

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

VFW Avi files have a 2GB limit. Files bigger then that will give unexepected results.

ni-cad

Post by ni-cad »

There are a lot of apps that can work with larger AVI's then 2 gig, in After effects, Virtual dub, Avisynth etc I regually work with file sizes over 50 gig. I guess it doesn't make too much difference to Avenue, (most artists using only small clips) though it is a HD capable video app and for that it should shurely be able to handle larger file sizes that are requiered for HD video.

Just saying, I doubt it's of that much importance though. :D