video stream problem

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Godzil
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

video stream problem

Post by Godzil »

In my computer R3 projection looks like that

In R2.41 everything running smooth.
Log file http://rapidshare.com/files/293417201/R ... g.txt.html

What can be the problem? :?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: video stream problem

Post by Joris »

Hi Godzil

Thanks for including the logfile! It looks like Avenue has some problems with loading the Flash file you're using. It's nothing dramatic, but you might want to look into making it ActionScript 3 compatible.

I don't think that would solve the issue you're having though. This looks like it has to do with your beamer. R3 renders a lot faster than R2.41, so this may be causing 'screentearing' on your output. Can you play around with the settings of your beamer, and see if increasing the refresh rate (the Hz number) changes anything?

Joris

Godzil

Post by Godzil »

Thanks for replay, Joris
Increasing screen refresh rate from 60 Hertz to 70/72/75/85 didn't change nothing. I've tried this before.

Any other ideas?

About "AS 3 compatibility". im not a big scripting person... So what exactly should i do? Find the "not campatible" as3 - as2 files and delete from composition? But how?

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

On the settings for your video card, see if there is an option for 'wait for sync' or something like that. On nVidia cards, it's in 3D settings, at the very bottom of the list: vertical sync, with three options.

The tearing that you are seeing is due to your computer sending video out at a different refresh rate than your beamer. Res2.41 was almost invariably slower than the video card, but Res3 can be faster.

Might it make sense to add a refresh rate cap to Resolume?

Godzil

Post by Godzil »

I've tried all options (global settings too) and still get bad output video :(

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

I think this is the first time that anyone has asked if Resolume could render slower ;)

We'll look into it, and will get back to you on this.

Joris

Godzil

Post by Godzil »

Strange things happens to me every time. What can i do? :mrgreen:

tnx

GeeEs
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by GeeEs »

Just had a look at this video... I have the same problems now and then.
Most likely I see it with fast moving abstract flash files (like your example)...(ie... Rebel overlay-Microtech footage pack).
Adjusting NVidia settings won't work. And I get the same tearing in Res 2.41 too with these files... Probably the abstract footage is more likely to show this because of high contrast and straight geometry ?!

I always blamed the cables !?!, but I'm curious if there's another solution towards this issue....
The refresh rate/fps of the output seems ok (40-60 FPS) but I see the problem also on the preview monitor inside Avenue... As said by goto10.... could the flash source be the problem? Is it possible to convert these footage to AS3 flash?
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

Godzil

Post by Godzil »

GeeEs wrote:
Good to see that i'm not alone with this problem. Actually it's not so good… :?
Anyway, in my case output "jumps" with every fast moving footages, not only .swf files.
GeeEs wrote: The refresh rate/fps of the output seems ok (40-60 FPS) but I see the problem also on the preview monitor inside Avenue
same

Godzil

Post by Godzil »

No news?!
I'm gonna stuck with R2 forever... :cry: