No Audio Playback

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
ultraloveninja
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

No Audio Playback

Post by ultraloveninja »

Hey there -
I've downloaded Resolume3. Everything looks like it's working fine, but when I try to playback an audio clip nothing happens. It recognizes the clip, but when it's loaded up, it doesn't play or anything. No sound, no action, nada. The video clips work fine, but the audio is not.
Not too sure what the issue could be, but I am not sure if it is because I am on a 64 bit OS.
Any ideas?
Thanks!

-OS Specs:
-Windows Vista 64 Home Edition
-AMD Quad-core processor
-Realtek HD Audio Card

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: No Audio Playback

Post by Joris »

Hi Ultraloveninja

Resolume 3 should be compatible with Vista 64 bit. You don't give a lot of information about the clips you're using, and usually this problem is codec related. If the clips that come with the demo play audio, you could try converting your audio to 44.1 KhZ linear PCM format, which is the safest bet for playback.

Hope that helps

Joris

ultraloveninja
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by ultraloveninja »

Hmmmm. Well I know that even the audio clips that came with the program do not playback as well.
It maybe a codec issue.
Another odd thing is that whenever I fire up R3 and then go to preferences and in the audio tab it always defaults to no audio device in the Audio Output Device menu. Then there are 3 selections in the drop down menu; Primary Sound Driver, Speaker (Realtek HD Audio), Realtek Digital Output (Realtek Hd Audio). I will select any of the three and still nothing changes.
So, I am not sure what's going on. I'll have to load R3 on my laptop and see if that works or not.
Kooky. Could it be a driver issue?
Not sure.
Thanks!

GeeEs
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by GeeEs »

You should set your audio interface to: primary sound driver or Speaker (Realtek HD Audio). Not the Digital Output !!

Does the audio work in other applications? (ie. Windows mediaplayer/VLC/Winamp?)
If so, the drivers should be ok, and I see no reason why Avenue won't play audio (especially with the democlips it should just work out of the box).
As goto10 said... You have to use .wav files to load in Avenue. MP3 or other compressed formats won't work, or even show up in Avenue's browser (afaik)

You could try installing ASIO4all and see if this works. It's free!
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT