Resolume Avenue 3.1.3 Released

Stay up to date with important updates, artist showcases and more
edwin
Team Resolume

Re: Resolume Avenue 3.1.3 Released

Post by edwin »

Godzil wrote:Thanks for that update, guys.
But i have one problem after upgrading. Avenue is not responding to notebook's microphones. I'm trying all options but nothing happens.
I checked in OSX and Vista and all seems to work fine here. I noticed that your buffer size is set to 64, and that might be a bit smaller then you card may handle. Could you try a buffersize of 1024 and see what happens?

VJ Escapation
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by VJ Escapation »

Oops! After updating Resolume Avenue all video's with added audio won't work! Even the demo-footage.

When i click it gets stuck on the yellow loading bar:-(

EDIT: BTW, i'm on a Mac(book pro) (Mac OSX 10.5.7)
Last edited by VJ Escapation on Wed Dec 16, 2009 17:53, edited 1 time in total.

Godzil
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Godzil »

edwin wrote:
Godzil wrote:Thanks for that update, guys.
But i have one problem after upgrading. Avenue is not responding to notebook's microphones. I'm trying all options but nothing happens.
I checked in OSX and Vista and all seems to work fine here. I noticed that your buffer size is set to 64, and that might be a bit smaller then you card may handle. Could you try a buffersize of 1024 and see what happens?
Yep. With 1024 it work fine! Thanks ;)

VJ Escapation

Post by VJ Escapation »

Haha, I see you added "Fireworks" and "Snow Flakes" and more to the Particles effect, handy;-)

But....the effects are broken as well, they work for the first time, but upon selecting an other one...nothing happens, it does not even appear in the Clip/Layer or Composition effects:-(

When I restart Avenue, it is working again, until l select an other effect or effect-setting.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

VJ Escapation wrote: When i click it gets stuck on the yellow loading bar:-(
This happens sometimes when Avenue is confused about the sound card. Go into the Preferences and on the Audio tab select the correct audio device. That should fix it.

VJ Escapation

Post by VJ Escapation »

This happens sometimes when Avenue is confused about the sound card. Go into the Preferences and on the Audio tab select the correct audio device. That should fix it.
Thanks, that fixed it. However, the effects still only work when I drag them into place, no more clicking? :|

VJzoo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJzoo »

Nice work with the new release, its a lot more responsive and stable :D
Jas
(the dyslexic VJzoo)

http://vjzoo.com
~ quite nice visuals ~

francoe

Post by francoe »

edwin wrote:Francoe, could you explain exactly what combinations of sources and effects results in a black image.
Now it's hard to reproduce as i don't know exactly what it is you did.
Edwin, sorry about the delay.
Ok, that thing is not a real problem at all, i mean something is a little different in the blends (gamma, offset..). Cause I can recompose the clips adjusting the values.
I make you a very cheap example of what kind of combinations, because is very large to describe it clip by clip.
Here is: http://vimeo.com/8260586
But suppouse that you stack over a gradient source:fragment + iterate + video wall + stripper + radial blur.
Then you save your Comp, reopenit in 3.1.3, and the clip goes black if you don't readjust the blending values.
edwin wrote: LOL, it actually says 'resolume avenue'. But if you turn your volume down you won't have to listen to it.
But i guess that's why you wanted to select 'no output'. We actually need an audio device to run the BPM, the internal clock for the BPM is controlled by the audio card for perfect timing.
Oh, I swear that he's talking to me about blue things!! :lol:
By the way, actually you can select the 'no output' in 3.1.1, and have a perfect bpm timming.
Tell me if I wrong, but i think that the bpm are manager by the audio card clock only, and don't have implicances over the output channels that you selected.
Again, isn't a problem. I just will turn on my old AM radio, and play with it.

At this time, i think that this new version really rocks.
(sorry about my neardenthal english)

corunography
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by corunography »

Hi Resolume!

Thanks for the updated version!! I ordered version 3 when you originally allowed pre-ordering back in the day. Haven't really used it live just yet though.

I have a few critiques after using the latest version:

1. The deck switching is better, but it still isn't quick enough / fluid enough to use in a live environment. Atleast, for how I trigger clips. Basically, I have 20,000 video clipz divided into genres and years. When a DJ spins a track, I QUICKLY sift through my material, and line up 4-5 decks of material, and trigger them while I am adding more decks. I can't seem to do that as quickly with vesion 3 as I could 2. Whenever i drag a deck into a composition, it defaults to the last deck, so dragging lots of decks into a composition is difficult. And when i am sifting around looking for the right deck, the video strobes as the new clips are loading.

are other people still frustrated with the deck switching / live composition building?

2. Maybe make a button to collapse all of the compositions in the browser? Whenever I load the project, I have to collapse all 65 compositions I created.

3. Make a composition hold more than 19 decks? In version 2 I could have a folder with as many decks as I wanted. It would be great to have the ability to organize my material more thoroughly without breaking the folders every 18 decks.

These are my only major things preventing me from gigging with the new version. Are these kinds of updates a priority before version 4?

THANKS!!

Jon
http://www.myspace.com/avclubvisuals.com
http://www.avclubvisuals.com

francoe

Post by francoe »

yeap corunography, im frustrated with that too.
But I think the guys have a good reason to do it (maybe some structural limitation of coding, but who knows).
I don't manage a lot of clips like you, but anyway I need to make precomps of everything.
At least for me, is a very difficult job to find a clip on the fly.
Sometimes I know where the clip is, but I decide to not loading the deck,
cause 'this PC' drops a LOT when I do that.
Yes, I think we miss that sensation: run Resolume 2... Wow, Im god!
But maybe I need just a hardware update. So I can't judge it.

I like the 'collapse all' button idea. Same problem here about that.
That kind of little things make the difference. :D