wave warp plugin issue

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
funkyant
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: wave warp plugin issue

Post by funkyant »

pleasuretek wrote:
funkyant wrote: ATI 5850 GFX
OT::
Wow, you got GDDR5. Those cards have been on top for a minute now

Yes, and it truly kicks some ass with the DXV codec too.

I am the resident VJ at Armani Prive nightclub in Dubai which has a 350 square meter LED wall installation and no club lighting at all. I basically use the LED screen more as a light source than a video screen. Definitely a challenge!

Looking forward to powering it all with resolume :)

Will post up some clips of the wall in action soon if anyone's interested?

pleasuretek

Post by pleasuretek »

DEP::I think it might be a ATI driver issue, as both machines with nVidia cards run just like you report (add 20,xxxK and stay there, can run all night). As soon as I run the exact same configuration on an ATI card the memory leak shows and resolume will crash in about 20minutes. This issue still persists with drivers from Asus/ATI and the updated enigma drivers.

Thank you for your beautiful code (and polar coord plug). You will be teaching me a great deal over the next few weeks. You probably know more about the low level of memory leaks more than me...

I don't think OS is handling any memory errors, as it would cleanup after sloppy code the same across (most) hardware. I am going to look into possibility of GPU memory leak, but that is where I start to get overwhelmed..

So far we have 3 systems with nVidia GPUs (x32 and x64, both XP and 7) that do not display this issue or crash, and we have 2 systems with similar chipsetconfigs but ATI GPUs that display this steady increase of memory usage... So are the ATI drivers the cause, or is something happening like GLEW returning incorrect instructions.

that was my endOfWeekend report, check back next week. Thanks
Asus build - intel 2.8GHz T9600, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4670
Rack unit - intel 2.7GHz q6600, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR2, 9800GTX+, intensity HDMI input card

twitchdoktor

Post by twitchdoktor »

funkyant wrote:Will post up some clips of the wall in action soon if anyone's interested?
please do! sounds righteous :D

pleasuretek

Post by pleasuretek »

A) just to let everyone know, DEP fixxed the issue. waveWarp works perfect now. They will be distributing the new .dll sometime (that's not my job)

B) TwitchDoktor: PDX mutha Muggzu, Do I know you in real life or do we need to chill sometime soon? Actually if I do know you then we probably need to chill soon, cause I don't get out enough, hehe. It would be cool to grab a beer and a bowl. lates
Asus build - intel 2.8GHz T9600, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4670
Rack unit - intel 2.7GHz q6600, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR2, 9800GTX+, intensity HDMI input card

dep

Post by dep »

pleasuretek wrote:A) just to let everyone know, DEP fixxed the issue. waveWarp works perfect now.
the fixed plugin files can be found at the Assembla development site: https://www.assembla.com/code/ffgl/subv ... k/binaries . they should also address problems some have been having when using this plugin in conjunction with Quartz Composer on the mac.

sorry for the trouble, everyone! :oops:

funkyant

Post by funkyant »

You write a wicked plugin, follow up the hard work by fixing a small bug, and then apologise?

What a legend - thanks :)

Edit:

Can confirm that the memory leak seems to be fixed.