Flash 10.1 Problems

FFGL, OSC, GLSL. If you like abbreviations, this is the forum for you
krybin
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Flash 10.1 Problems

Post by krybin »

Resolume 3.2.0 / Flash Player 10.1 r52

Before I install Flash Professional CS5 I has older version of Flasp Player and my swf has worked.
After install Flasp Player version has changed to 10.1 r52 and my swf doesn't work anymore :o
And some extra text field appears.

Part of my source code:
fp_bug1.png
fp_bug1.png (11.58 KiB) Viewed 27494 times
SWF File:
WireColorText3D.zip
(253.27 KiB) Downloaded 1960 times
Some useful screenshots below:
fp_bug2.jpg
fp_bug2.jpg (517.12 KiB) Viewed 27494 times
fp_bug3.jpg
fp_bug3.jpg (512.58 KiB) Viewed 27494 times
fp_bug4.jpg
fp_bug4.jpg (88.69 KiB) Viewed 27494 times
How can I fix this bug ?

krybin
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Flash 10.1 Problems

Post by krybin »

solution:
install new FlashPlayer RC version (r53)

Christoph
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Christoph »

i also have problems with flash since i installed cs5. some of my flash files work perfect like they used to, but some flash v.5 files won't start playing (they just show one frame which doesn't move) when i start them however the timeline is running as always. when opening with flash player they play normal. any ideas?
in attachment one file which doesn't work:
three_amigos.rar
flash_example
(6.15 KiB) Downloaded 1624 times
edit: and i also tried to update to 10.1.53 and it won't help...

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hey Chris

Those files seem to work on CS3 and CS4. Could you use the 'feedback' option in the Preferences to send us your logfiles? Then we have all the info on hand to look further into this.

Joris

Christoph

Post by Christoph »

ok i sent the log via feedback, hope it helps...

dep
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dep »

i've got the same problem in 3.2.0 on a fresh install of XP SP3 + flash player 10.0.45.2 / shockwave player 11.5.7.609
adobe test pages for both work:
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ (flash)
http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/welcome/ (shockwave)

i installed 10.0.45.2 from the archive of older versions after the most recent failed, but no luck. didn't see a flash 10 r53 anywhere, though..?

log says "Flash: check if installed"

Christoph

Post by Christoph »

i didn't find the 10 r53 at the adobe homepage either, but i googled. however it doesn't help, your second link with the shockwave test page shows that a plugin is missing, but i'm not able to install it successfully. but if it works for you and you have the same problems, this shouldn't be the problem. by the way i use win7 64bit and resolume 3.2...

Christoph

Post by Christoph »

any solutions so far?
it's really annoying if i can't play half of my flash files...

dradutu
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dradutu »

Hi
I had the same problem, some .swf files not playing after installing CS5 Suite, on Windows 7 x64. Does anyone on mac has the same problems with CS5? I don't have CS5 for mac but willing to test it if you send it to me :P

As far as I can tell the problem comes with CS5. Here's what I did: clean Windows 7 x64 install, CS5 master install then Resolume Avenue 3.2.0. Nothing else so I won't have anything else to blame. Of course, some of the files would not play. CTI scrolling on the timeline but displaying only the first frame of the .swf

I went to Adobe's site and looked for an uninstaller for Flash Player 10 and an older Flash Player version. I couldn't find Flash Player 9 on their site so I searched for it on Google. I ran the uninstaller for Flash Player 10 then installed Flash Player 9. Abobe says you should restart but I didn't. Started Resolume and flash files were working. Problem solved.

One more thing, Mozilla only recognized Flash Player 10 so at that time it wouldn't display any flash content. So I installed Flash Player 10 after all (the one for Windows OS and Firefox browser, can't be sure for others), and to my pleasant surprise Resolume still plays all my swiffs with no problems. I'll also mention that while installing Flash Player 10 I had Resolume running. Not sure if it counts, but there you go!

So, no problems with CS5, Resolume or Mozilla for me. All the files mentioned above are free to download and easy to find. There might be easier ways to do this but I gave you my exact routine just to be sure. If anyone has problems understanding what I wrote or wants links to the exact files I used feel free to PM or e-mail me (not sure it's displayed on the site, it's dradutu@yahoo.com)

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

krybin wrote: Part of my source code:
fp_bug1.png
Didn't know you could test on ActiveX existed. Good to know because the flash files are just not working when you play them in the normal flash player.

We will have a more in depth test to see what we can do to fix the CS5 issues. Like said before each new version of Flash introduces new problems. It just a lot of work to fix something that was working before.