switch layers with knobs

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Christoph
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

switch layers with knobs

Post by Christoph »

one feature i'm missing at resolume is to switch between the different layers with one 360°-knob of my midi-controller. i can just put every layer on different buttons, but as my buttons are occupied with videos it would be much more comfortable. maybe it's possible and i'm just too stupid to find it... if not: it would be a great idea for the next update!
greeets,

Singing Pics
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: switch layers with knobs

Post by Singing Pics »

You can try to change the knob properties with your controller editor. At the moment the knob most likely has a setting like "type control-change # / value 0-127". Try to set it to "value 0-1" which causes the button to send only two values: 0 and 1 (on and off).

The most powerful solution instead is to use Bome's Midi translator. You can then assign virtually unlimited commands to a single button which are then recalled by another button (by using it as a bank select switch). This way you can create "zillions" of button banks out of a 16 button array.

Christoph

Post by Christoph »

thanks for the tips! i think setting the value to 0-1 won't help because i want to switch between 4 layers with one knob (in grandvj this is possible, but resolume is still better :mrgreen: )
bome's midi translator sounds really nice but i don't know if i want to spend another 60 euro for this piece of software, maybe i'll find a free alternative...

rxfromparis

Post by rxfromparis »

if i undrestand singing pics explanation, then you can set the knob to only 4 postions and it will do the trick you what??
desktop: Windows 7 64bit , i7 920 2.66Ghz, 12Gb Ram, GTX 950 2Go, WD Velociraptor 300Go, terratec asio phase 26 usb soundcard & midi,Novation Nocturn controlpad, Akai MPK mini, and soon to come : BCR 2000 :))