Flash files not playing

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
John McGeoch
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Flash files not playing

Post by John McGeoch »

Hi - I`ve just bought the README package of Flash files but when I load up the SWF files nothing happens, I just get a single frame which looks like it`s half way through the animation, if I type in new text that also makes no difference. Am I missing something? I`ve put the files in the Flash drawer in the Resolume 3.3 folder. I`m not a great Flash user, but I assumed I would just load them and off they would run with whatever text I typed in the text field. The files play fine if I double click on them in explorer. I`m on the latest version of Flash ( i think ) version 10. My Machine is a Windows 7 laptop with an i7 processor and 6gb ram. Cheers JMcG

craftycurate
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Flash files not playing

Post by craftycurate »

I had a similar issue after updating to Flash 10.1. Eventually I reinstalled Flash and Resolume it's been OK since. Not sure what fixed it exactly.
Win7 x64 Pro | 8GB | Nvidia Go 650M/2GB

John McGeoch

Post by John McGeoch »

Thanks - I`ll try that

John McGeoch

Post by John McGeoch »

No luck - reinstalled Flash and no dice, then Resolume as well and still no dice. Only difference is that the still frame seems to be frame 1 now.

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

I have no clue yet why the files won't work. We will have a look wether we can reproduce the error. They should be plug and play of course. What version of Flash are you running?

John McGeoch

Post by John McGeoch »

Hi Edwin - I`ve just upgraded this morning to 10.18 - as I said they work fine from windows explorer - none of the test resolume files work either - i`ve done a fresh install of Resolume 3.3 as well - cheers John

John McGeoch

Post by John McGeoch »

Hi, with no progress on this I did another reinstall, this time downloading the Flash de-installer first so all old stuff was removed. Now Resolume doesn`t even recognise the Flash files! All but two have a a yellow cross next to them in the Resolume file requester. The two that don`t have a cross next to them have the name and Flash vers 9 written there. Dragging any of them into the deck does nothing at all. Any ideas why the new Flash isn`t working or why the files are locked into version 9? cheers JMcG
Attachments
Res screen.jpg
Res screen.jpg (146.42 KiB) Viewed 14400 times

Tino
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by Tino »

Hey Elwin

I am having the same problem as described by John in his first post. No animation and stopping halfway. Hopefully you will be able to find out what this problem might be.

Regards,

~Tino

John McGeoch

Post by John McGeoch »

yep still no joy with the ReadMe package or indeed any flash files

rxfromparis

Post by rxfromparis »

Quicktime update this mourning : QT 7.68.75.0

everything is working fine :)
desktop: Windows 7 64bit , i7 920 2.66Ghz, 12Gb Ram, GTX 950 2Go, WD Velociraptor 300Go, terratec asio phase 26 usb soundcard & midi,Novation Nocturn controlpad, Akai MPK mini, and soon to come : BCR 2000 :))