fugStream

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
pleasuretek
Is taking Resolume on a second date

fugStream

Post by pleasuretek »

Anyone been testing the new fugStream freeframe? I have the fugWrapper1.04 working good, but I cant seem to get fugStream to work.

If anyone here has gotten the new fugStream plugins to work will you please report will you please post a few things about the state of your system? This will help me determine what is the actual cause of the issue as there can be many (running x64 win7)... So helpful info (to me) would be what version of windows, what graphics card, and do you have any graphics SDKs installed (if any (trying to track down possible issues with where to get swscale*.dll and avutil*.dll && a possible issue with GLEW and glut (which shared libraries are shipped with resolume3 and nVidia openGL SDK), as well as system32 vs sysWOW64..

Thank you, Keep your head around it.
Asus build - intel 2.8GHz T9600, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4670
Rack unit - intel 2.7GHz q6600, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR2, 9800GTX+, intensity HDMI input card

pleasuretek

Re: fugStream

Post by pleasuretek »

really? no one has tried out the new fugStream FFGL plugins?
Asus build - intel 2.8GHz T9600, 4GB 800Mhz DDR2, ATI 4670
Rack unit - intel 2.7GHz q6600, 8GB 1066Mhz DDR2, 9800GTX+, intensity HDMI input card

dep

Post by dep »

hi
i've tried out the fugstream plugin and it worked as well as can be expected. win xp sp3, nvidia 9500M. i was streaming from vvvv (using the non-FFGL version) to avenue. what software are you trying to stream from?
one thing to check out is the cfg file. from the vvvv sample patch:
fugStream requires a .cfg file for some of its parameters. this config file needs to be named fugStreamSend.cfg and placed in:
...\MyDocuments\FreeFrame\bigfug.com\
edit: i should add that i haven't had any luck getting the source to work, only the effect - so what i do is add a solid color source to my comp and apply the effect to that.

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Tschoepler »

dep wrote:edit: i should add that i haven't had any luck getting the source to work, only the effect - so what i do is add a solid color source to my comp and apply the effect to that.
That did the trick for me. Thanks. Although I can only get it to work via MEM. Have you had any luck via TCP or UDP?
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

dep

Post by dep »

I haven't tried. I remember reading something about a prohibitive packet size limit in UDP streaming (maybe old info by now), but that's about all I know.

Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler »

Same here :lol:
Maximum size is 64x32 on UDP. But even TCP won't work from v4 to v4. I guess I'll have to test a bit more. I'll report back as soon as I get this running.

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

i have sort of managed to get the FFGL streaming running over TCP but not as well as id like. i can recieve video but the result looks like the RGB has been seperated.

i shall experiment more as im keen to use a computer to mix sources via a laptop and then send the signal over VGA.

Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler »

I had this sort of shifted picture as well. I think it had to do with the width and height being set incorrectly in the cfg. Can you check that?

VJair
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by VJair »

the cfg file is only with the ff version, not the ffgl ( i think )

Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler »

so you stream to v4 or from v4? Because v4 only supports FF I thought.