Flash files not playing

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
John McGeoch
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Flash files not playing

Post by John McGeoch »

Good you got it going, but still no joy here - updated Quicktime, restarted and the flash files aren`t even recognised by the decks now, drag them in and there`s no response at all, let alone play them. When I close Resolume I get this message about Resolume not finding a component, presumeably Flash, but quicktime and resolume in default directories. Ah well had a little ray of hope there .........
Attachments
Resolume flash problem.jpg
Resolume flash problem.jpg (124.51 KiB) Viewed 9347 times

John McGeoch

Post by John McGeoch »

Good you got it going, but still no joy here - updated Quicktime, restarted and the flash files aren`t even recognised by the decks now, drag them in and there`s no response at all, let alone play them. When I close Resolume I get this message about Resolume not finding a component, presumeably Flash, but quicktime and resolume in default directories. Ah well had a little ray of hope there .........

Just tried the preview `square` 64 bit version of Flash Player but still no joy, resolume still looking for missing component

GeeEs
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by GeeEs »

I also have this ReadMe package.. and the files do play in Avenue.. although It sometimes gives a crash when loading a deck with these files in it. Not everytime.. just random.

I never really encountered this problem before with other Resolume flash packages.. The FortyMinus pack is always running fine here.. Until last weekend. It suddenly gave me 2 crashes in Avenue while playing out live...

Makes me think more and more it's not a Resolume problem but more a quicktime/flash problem.. :?:
desktop: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit, MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition, 4Gb RAM (GVP34GB1600C9DC), NVidia GTX 560
laptop: Windows 7 home premium 32 bit, Core2duo 2Ghz, 4Gb Ram, NVidia 9600m GT

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Hey guys

Adobe has indeed been causing us quite a headache lately. First with Media Encoder CS5 and DXV (which is thankfully solved right now), but also with Flash. We are aware of the issues, and we'll bring out an update as soon as we figure it out ourselves. At the moment we're thinking it's threading related, but we can't say when it'll be smoothed out.
Makes me think more and more it's not a Resolume problem but more a quicktime/flash problem..
That's quite a bee's nest to get into. It's a Flash/Quicktime problem since it stopped working properly after one of their updates. They won't be changing it though, and it's up to us to get it working again for you guys ;-)

John McGeoch

Post by John McGeoch »

cheers for resolume update - will await - jm

rxfromparis

Post by rxfromparis »

seems Flash/Quicktime is in the middle of a big 64 bits update right now :roll:
desktop: Windows 7 64bit , i7 920 2.66Ghz, 12Gb Ram, GTX 950 2Go, WD Velociraptor 300Go, terratec asio phase 26 usb soundcard & midi,Novation Nocturn controlpad, Akai MPK mini, and soon to come : BCR 2000 :))

francoe
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by francoe »

I think that quicktime has nothing to do with your flash clips. If you are over Windows, Resolume needs the active X flash.
Nobody needs the old ocx anymore, just install the flash player for IE and Resolume will recognize your clips.

Funny, this time your are getting the right message: This program requires a missing Windows component.

fatil
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by fatil »

Flash 10 is the problem.

The only solution I found is to uninstall flash player and activex 10 and re-install an older version:
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/142/tn_14266.html

Update needed quick !